“Noisy( air con)hotel with terrible customer care/service”

easyHotel Glasgow City
Ranked #91 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Well it was like sleeping in a jumbo jet at 40,000 ft, as the air con system was so loud it hurt your ears.i will stay it was clean
Customer care was terrible too,Why this company bother to have a reception desk I don't know!
( they might as well just push button then they make more money and have no staff!!)
AS no TV remote so go to pay for it and you have to access your booking account to pay the £2.50 for that and computer in reception has a virus so good job had phone I could access it, then wanted to leave bags again same story.
Warning to all - never book this hotel for someone else as cant buy service at all in reception,so stuck if need anything if from another country ( I just feel ahamed if anyone attending the common wealth game stayed there, as hope they don't think all hotel in UK treat people like this!!1

Room Tip: Don't t stay here as unless its last hotel and if small budget a room is £25 as we paid £130 a...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne S

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Paid way to much as games were in over £400 for two nights. Hotel dirty, charged extra to leave luggage as cudnt check in till 3, cudnt call taxi when leaving as they have no phone ! No tea/ coffee no tables, no wardrobe, no hairdryers, no soap all stuff you'd get in a cheap b and b. room was dirty, floor had something spilt in it ! Dont bother really, dont bother !

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed for one night during Commonwealth Games. Room is very small and basic but that is clear when you book. Room and bathroom was very clean. Situation was very central and perfect for what we wanted - just a place to sleep. All of the staff we met were extremely helpful and pleasant as were everyone else we met in Glasgow.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during the Commonwealth games. The location is fantastic and a great base for exploring Glasgow particularly if for a short stay. We literally crashed as soon as we arrived so it works as a place to sleep. Didn't have any problems with room temperature as per some previous comments. The man on reception was welcoming especially considering it was around midnight that we arrived so having a 24 hour reception is a bonus. Did notice an odour of Chinese in Reception but it is near restaurants and various cafes, we did not experience and issue with this in the room. This place is like a Hostel rather than a hotel but was quiet, offered comfy beds, clean sheets and bathroom, a fantastic location and a secure car park opposite for hire or own car. Would I stay here again? Well I certainly wouldn't rule it out as a crash pad but if looking for something nice to stay in as part of the holiday experience then perhaps look elsewhere. Overall very satisfied.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Yes the room is small, yes the windows are claustrophobic and yes it's very basic but for the money I didn't really expect much.

What bothers me more is that thieves operate here. I left an expensive leather jacket in my room, by the time I realised I was on a coach. I was returning to Glasgow 3 days later so I thought I'd call them to keep it aside, except they have no phone number! I had to submit an online form, to which it said I would hear back in 48 hours. Iin 48 hours I had a notification saying that the query had been resolved, so they had closed it without getting back to me. 3 days later I returned to Glasgow and went to the hotel. There was a small pile of lost property and my coat wasn't there. Tthey took my number to say they'd ask who was on shift to check but heard nothing back. Submitted another online form but after 48 hours yet no response. I'm hoping the member of staff who stole this is enjoying the money they got on eBay!

Other than this we also had a man walk into our room in the middle of the night and the receptionist was asleep when we arrived to check in, we had to go behind the counter and shout several times to get him to get up and serve us!

What a dive! And gives Glasgow a bad name. Otherwise the city provided great fun for the Commonwealth Games, this hotel ruined that spirit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tinsapede
Michelle B, Manager at easyHotel Glasgow City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi There,

I have just read your review and not sure how but the telephone number given to me was incorrect. The receptionist may have taken it down incorrectly so my apologies.

I can confirm you jacket is here, Black with Gold/bronze zips and buttons?

Please email me direct so we can arrange for you to get it back.

michelle.brady@easyhotel.com

Reviewed 2 August 2014

No frills and the strangest toilet/shower/sink pod thing ever!
However, for £20 it was spot on. A bed, clean sheets and a hot shower in the morning. Right above The Banana Leaf Malaysian restaurant for dinner, and opposite the famous Oxford Chop shop for you breakfast...spot on. Also about 5 mins walk to work for me, so perfect when I need to crash in Glasgow.
In fact, I am staying again this week - in the even cheaper room (no window!) for £19. That's a bargain if ever...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stopped at this hotel on Monday, 28th July. We were attending the Commonwealth Games and had tickets for the Athletics at Hamden Park. Trying to find cheap accommodation in Glasgow during the Games wasn't easy as all the hotels had jumped on the 'band wagon' and were charging ridiculous prices.

This hotel on the internet is described as a 'no frills Super-Budget hotel' and my husband and I had booked a 'Windowless - Twin Room'. Normally this room would have cost £19.00 but because of the Commonwealth Games we were charged £99 plus £1.95 Transaction Fee. In effect, we were charged approximately four times the normal rate. We felt ripped off but it was the only reasonably priced accommodation we could find.

We flew up to Glasgow, arriving about 10.40 am, caught the Airport Shuttle bus to the Buchannon Bus Station, City Center and decided to walk the 500 metres up to the Easy Hotel to see if we could leave our bag and small case there, prior to 'check-in' at 3pm (every hotel I've ever stayed in has done this) By this time, I felt like I needed to use the toilet but thought I would be able to use one in Reception on arrival.

On arriving at the hotel (11.20am), we were informed that there would be a charge of £2.50 to leave the bags. Ok!......this was not a problem, and I offered the female Receptionist the money in cash. Oh no!....she wouldn't accept the cash....we had to go on line and book it, which as I suspected would incur another Transaction Fee. (Nice one Sir Stelios!). We even used a Debit Card and were still charged!

We had to stand in the Reception Area (only one chair and desk) whilst two other girls booked their bags in before us. This area was very sparse and unwelcoming and smelt of stale cooking smells...I think from the Restaurants situated underneath the Hotel.

Whilst waiting, I asked the Receptionist if I could use the toilet, but was informed that there wasn't one. It beggars belief!.....a hotel reception without a toilet!....what would of happened if I had had small children who weren't able to wait!. (Sir Stelios...think you missed a business ploy here as you could have charged for using the loo plus fitted a cash toilet paper vending machine......plus if the toilet had to be booked!.....another £1.95 Transaction Fee!)

The whole procedure took 20 minutes to complete!!...and then I went in search of a toilet elsewhere.

We had booked a 'Windowless Twin Room' and that is exactly what we got. I have to say that it was basic but spotlessly clean and exactly what we had expected. However, we had a chuckle at the TV on the wall (operating buttons disabled) and the absence of a remote control.

We have travelled extensively and stayed in many types and costs of accommodation including 'Budget' but never experienced such 'basic' levels of facilities/customer service.

I know people will say it's "horses for courses" and you get what you pay for!.......but I paid four times more for this experience. We are returning to Glasgow on the 3/07/14 for the Closing Ceremony and thank my lucky stars that I will not be staying this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to a Travel Lodge!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family