“Good Venue”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good Venue”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have been here a few times a various different concerts and have always had a great experience. They also do food and I was quite surprised at how good this actually was, the value for money was brilliant. Went one day just for food, and there was a jazz band playing which was different but turned out to be a very good day.

Visited June 2013

Shetland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I visited King Tut's for a concert and having never been there before didn't know what to expect. The bar area was fairly crowded but the staff were quick to serve, then first problem, I asked for a Gin and Tonic before I could stop the barman a whole bottle of tonic poured in my gin, I did complain and the drink was replaced, I have had this problem before but only in Glasgow.
Then upstairs to the music venue, which was rather dark and dingy, no seating and I felt a bit makeshift. The barman on duty had obviously never been on a friendly barman course, to say he was grumpy was the understatement, and again the full bottle of tonic treatment. At least the music was good.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Magnus F
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Texas Album Launch - great gig!”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

First time at King Tut's for a number of years, but was as I remembered it - an odd shape upstairs, but perfect for the select Guest list for this Album launch!
Good selection of Beers & spirits, with small Cloakroom facility too.

The varied overseas visitors I spoke to prior to gig said they had chosen this Glasgow gig @ King Tut's, rather than a swish London venue on Monday - says it all really!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank scotsas21
Scotland
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Not what I was expecting...”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have been going to gigs for over thirty years bit somehow never before made it to King Tuts. I had heard so much about it and was looking forward to my attendance there for an Amplifier gig.
The downstairs bar is nice, good service etc.
The venue itself is...well small, awkward, has a low stage and is...a bit rubbish. I'd say there were maybe a hundred plus at this gig which was fine, I cannot imagine how bad and uncomfortable it would be sold out and full of half wits.
The sound was good, that may have been down to the band but overall for a club that us so highly rated, it's not nearly the best in Glasgow.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank BigSpo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Venue and Great Food!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Went to see a band here recently with friends and had some food in the bar downstairs beforehand. Very relaxed atmosphere and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Food was delicious, good portions, well presented and very reasonably priced. Upstairs for the gig later (look out for the interesting timeline of bands that have played there over the years as you go up) and although the room is a slightly odd shape, if you get there in good time you can bag yourself a perfect view of the stage. A great night and a great after-party too!!

Visited March 2013