“A MUST!”

Bon Accord
Ranked #3 of 211 Nightlife in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Scottish ale house selling over 800 different beers a year Malt whisky bar with over 400 malts and whisky shop serving food 7 days a week Quiz Wednesday at 8pm Live Bands saturday at 9pm
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Everything about the Bon is excellent, the service, the ales, the staff and the fabulous food at a very reasonable price. Not to be missed

2  Thank poc215

Reviewed 22 February 2013

If you enjoy a decent pint of real ale or a malt whisky then the Bon Accord is a must visit venue. I first visited the Bon accord about 30 something years ago and I am glad to say nothing much has changed over the years. The choice of real ales is excellent but they also have some of your more regular lagers and beers if ale is not your thing. If you like malt whisky then you will love the Bon Accord, the choice of malts is truly outstanding. I only wish I had the stamina to work my way through the gantry

1  Thank Jimmy S
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Just got home from an excellent tasting evening expertly managed by Paul. This is our third whisky tasting each one as good as the last.
The evening started with soup followed by steak pie mad ein the house kitchen followed by a journey through 6 whiskies all linked to each other and planned for the enjoyment of our pallet.
The management go out of their way to make you welcome and ensure you have a good experience and convey a vast amount of knowledge of their whiskies.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed 12 February 2013

There is nowhere better in Glasgow if you are a real ale fan. I first went here some 30+ years ago and was a regular visitor. It was great back then and I was pleased to see that it was business as usual when I returned last week although laid out a bit differently. Excellent choice of ales. We stayed for lunch which was also good but the highlight for me was the beer. The best , by far, in Glasgow. Beer as it should be. Lager drinkers go elsewhere.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I was staying in Glasgow overnight for business and looking for somewhere for a decent pint, the Glasgow forum suggested Bon Accord.

After eating at The Chippy doon the Lane I walked across town to Bon Accord, about a 15 minute walk I think although I didn't time it precisely. Easy to find and warm and welcoming on a cold night.

I had forgotten the International Friendlies were being played on this night so it was probably busier than normal but I managed to find a chair by the window and enjoyed a pint of Deuchars IPA and an Old Flame whilst others watched the Scotland match and I kept updated with the England game on my Samsung S3.

Would visit again as the beer was well kept and it seemed a decent pub.

1  Thank AHWBeverley