“once a great pub”

Bon Accord
Ranked #5 of 202 Nightlife in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Scottish ale house selling over 800 different beers a year Malt whisky bar with over 400 malts and whisky shop serving food 7 days a week Quiz Wednesday at 8pm Live Bands saturday at 9pm
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“once a great pub”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

but not anymore,not just the best real ale bar in Glasgow in the eighties but one of the best in the
now just a shadow of it,s former self,the beer is ok but not up to the height of quality in the past ,the emphasis seems to have shifted to having zillions of whiskeys (just a waste of malt in my opinion)stinking fire water and about as tasty as tennents lager,staff no very little about the beer where as in the past they were all regular real ale drinkers ,worth a visit but do ask them to take the tight sparklers off

Visited October 2013
4 Thank beerguru67

Renfrew Scotland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great Glasgow Pub.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Whenever we are in this end of the town we always pay a visit to the Bon Accord, great wee 'Boozer' and a fantastic selection of real ale and whisky. Great live music on a Saturday.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank cjoncamp
Glasgow, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cracking pub”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

First time in pub last week, was given wrong change more through me not paying attention. Dropped them a quick email and got it sorted without issue.

Service is brilliant and couldn't recommend enough. If you are a whisky fan the wall of whisky is a sight to behold.

Nice selection of ales and food was decent.

I will be here on a regular basis so if you have time check this place out.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Sean1104
Glasgow, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“I Don't like whisky but great wee pub-staff are great!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I first visited this bar for my mothers 60th. Great wee bar- nothing much to look at,but staff are excellent (especially Jamie) and know what they are talking about which is so refreshing. The Staff I saw were all young and well trained so if you like whisky you are in for a treat as you can have a real debate, but if you are like me and just getting into whisky they don't mind being asked all lot of silly questions and will find one to your taste. Their most expensive whisky in stock is £900 a dram - pretty impressive!! The oldest bottle of whisky in the world apparently, Worth just going to see!! I recently went back to this bar and staff members remembered me even although I had only been in for a few hours before!! In my opinion remembering customers and the knowledge on the product they sell is what makes this a great wee Glasgow gem. This is a proper honest wee Glasgow pub which makes people feel comfortable, nothing special to look at but great service when you visit, this is so needed as these days it's all decor, glitz and ££££ but nobody remembers who you are. This wee pub really is special and worth a visit especially if you are young and into whisky!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Linda A
Hamilton, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“One of Glasgows Best Pubs”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Ah, the Bon, the beautiful Bon! It's seen me well all through Uni and beyond.

What can I add that hasn't already been said? Paul and Thomas do an AMAZING job of sourcing great beers from across Europe, interesting Single Malts from our own fair land, and providing a smashing selection of real ales.

I'll never forget way back in the early 00's the German Festival they had, by the end of the Sunday night they had Schnapps to get rid of, and a bottle of some Black Forest fruits was placed on our table and left as a goodwill gesture.

This is the kind of pub I like. I'm not a style bar kinda gal - in fact, as far as stylish goes, Brel and the Hillhead Bookclub are as 'posh' as I get, I defo prefer substance over style.

Waaaay back in 2003, my wee bro and I did a charidee shark dive for the Prince & Princess of Wales hospice and the Bon donated half the sponsorship requirment. A gesture I shall never forget.

Sadly I'm not in the West End as much these days, but when I'm shopping up the top of Sauchiehall St or if the boy and I are in town and looking for a pub, then the Bon wins hands down. It's uber friendly - I just let Thomas choose my beer/ale/cider for me, as I trust his tastes! And the fact the 2 course lunch menu has been under a fiver for going on ten years means this place is hard to beat for a decent feed and few drinks. The side salads are to die for!

I love that this place is a family run pub, with a great atmosphere, live music and just the kinda vibe you rarely get anywhere else these days!

I could rave about this place all day, but I'll only be covering old ground.

Forget your stupidly expensive Byres Road bars (except Tennents - there's another wee gem!) and get thee to North St!

Visited September 2012