“Door man on power trip...”
Review of Nice 'n' Sleazy

Nice 'n' Sleazy
Ranked #27 of 28 Concerts & Shows in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: In 1991 Nice'n'Sleazy opened its doors. We are centrally located on Sauchiehall Street, the heart of Glasgow's nightlife and in close proximity of Glasgow School of Art. Open from 12pm 'til 3am, 7 days a week our upstairs bar serves food until 9pm, catering for meat eaters and vegans alike. Our downstairs venue is open from 7.30Pm every night and hosts a busy schedule of gigs/club nights including both local and touring acts.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Doorman on some sort of ego boosting power trip. He ruined the flow of what was a really good night. Questioned a friend (who was in no way drunk) about how much he had to drink that night. Bit confused as to what correct answer would be....would 2 pints be ok but 3 pints not??? Then said he wouldn't be letting him in. Refused to let us speak to anyone else about it. Just so condescending and was obviously loving every minute of his power trip. Phoned next day to complain and manager was nice and apologised but would advise all to stay away due to what you will encounter at the front door. :-(

1  Thank Jan B

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Amazing night, great food and music, lovely atmosphere inside all ruin by ignorant bouncer. Tall bouncer with beard made me fell uncomfortable and belittled me in front of my friends. Spoke about me and not directly to me but made it clear that I was the problem and not him!! Not all the staff where like this however bar staff where friendly as where the other bouncers. Would I come back again?? Yes if the bouncer in question wasn't there.

7  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We were turned away at the door as it was deemed there were too many of us, too many being five?! We are all in our mid fifties and had just returned from a gig at the O2 Academy.
None of us were drunk or presented any kind of threat at all. We just wanted a pint and maybe some more music.
If allowed in we would probably have spent around £200 minimum between us, so maybe the rules for entry need revisited. It can't be good for business. Needless to say we won't attempt to get in there again, our money will be spent elsewhere

6  Thank RSC1
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I saw some punk bands in this place and it's great place for that type of arrangements. Basicly a basement with a stage - but it works if you're there for music. Recomended!

2  Thank Mattsaman
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had never had a white russian until I went her and a very friendly local bought it for me,promise there was no strings attached.
Everyone really nice and welcoming.
Great tunes,cool place to be.

1  Thank lolapops1