Stayed here to attend a conference for six nights. On arrival was made to feel very welcome. lovely room with antique furniture - every room is different. Appreciated the good quality dressing gowns which are provided (this is something you would not get in many B & B's) The house itself has been lovingly restored by Steve the owner. The breakfast was lovely, seated in the bay window overlooking the tennis courts and Kelvingrove Art gallery. The fresh fruit salad and bacon and eggs were delicious as was the earl grey tea. He even made breakfast early for us so that we could get to the conference on time.
It felt like being in a friend's house and Steve could not do enough for us, from booking taxis and restaurants, even to the point of asking the restaurant to give us a good table, not to mention him taking the time to have conversations with us.
Glasgow is one of the friendliest cities I have visited and look forward to returning to the Alamo.
I wish Steve and Emma every success with their beautiful guest house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House overlooking Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University, in the near distance. This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20 minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (Glasgow School of Art, Modern Art Gallery, theatres, etc), The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Kelvin Hall, etc), Riverside (S.E.C.C. etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Alamo Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamo Guest House Hotel Glasgow
- Alamo Guest House Glasgow, Scotland