This was a last minute booking through late rooms. com so we really did not expect to much. However we were confronted with a hotel/guest house full of character and style and run by a really pleasant welcoming couple who could not do enough for you. The rooms were really comfortable and stylish and appeared to have been updated recently to a high standard. The breakfast was one of the best I have had (I must apologise for asking for a full English when in Scotland) and served in a really tastfully decorated room. It turned out that the current owner has restored and painted all the very decorative ceilings himself and it is worth the trip just to admire his handy work. All in all this was a really pleasant but brief stay and we will be back when next visiting Glasgow. One tip, contact the hotel direct to book as it will be cheaper that going through various websites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House overlooking Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University, in the near distance. This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20 minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (Glasgow School of Art, Modern Art Gallery, theatres, etc), The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Kelvin Hall, etc), Riverside (S.E.C.C. etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Alamo Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamo Guest House Hotel Glasgow
- Alamo Guest House Glasgow, Scotland