“Wonderful stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

"We enjoyed a wonderful weekend in Glasgow, and the Alamo was the perfect guest house for our getaway. The boutique feel sets it apart from the run of the mill alternatives in the area. Steve and his family were great hosts, will definitely be going back and recommending to others."

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMHowell2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

"The Alamo is a perfect alternative to modern, chain hotels - very comfortable, in a pleasant area overlooking the park and with a lovely, warm welcome from the hosts, Steve and Emma. Excellent value, highly recommended"

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Had a lovely overnight stay. Beautiful rooms, great location. The owner, Steve, couldn't have been more helpful...giving us breakfast even though we weren't up early enough!

Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are en suite.
scotland
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Miles away from your usual b+b, lovely rooms tastefully decorated , beautiful furnishings , comfortable big bed. Modern bathrooms with great powerful plumbing. Breakfast plentiful with bacon and eggs if wished but also a wide range of other produce . No hesitation to highly recommend.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked into a luxury ensuite room (room 12). Upon arrival we were welcomed by the owner Steve, who warmly checked us in, showed us around the guesthouse and then how to use the various lighting options and shower unit in the room itself. We were very pleased with the room - the photos online did it justice. We had bathrobes and plenty of towels. It was spacious and beautifully decorated along with the modern twist of a freestanding bath and a high tech shower.
Steve and Emma (the owners) were very helpful - giving directions to the city centre, and recommending nearby bars and restaurants. They also did a great job of phoning a number of restaurants to make a booking on our behalf, which was very much appreciated!
As I mentioned to my partner, this is one of the few experiences where I have felt truly comfortable in a room for a weekend away. I would happily come back next time we visit Glasgow. Just as an aside note - book directly through the hotel and not through 3rd party sites as it is more expensive.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jtargon
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

It's now become a tradition for us; go to the pantomime at the SECC and stay at the Alamo.
The reason for the pantomime is John Barrowman, the reason for the Alamo is Steve & Emma and their kindness and hospitality, the wonderful rooms, the attention to detail, the breakfasts and the beautiful location.

I originally booked this B&B because I thought I'd be staying alone and I needed the confidence that TripAdvisor gives to a solo female traveller. It exceeded expectations then and has done ever since.

I always arrive ridiculously early because I come up on a sleeper coach or train, but I've always been welcomed kindly. This year there was the added complication that I didn't have a working mobile phone, and one of the people due to meet us was stranded by bad weather. Steve and Emma behaved as if this was a genuine disappointment rather than an annoyance (which I'm sure it was, what with me receiving phone calls on their phone and changing plans).

We were in Room Three which was of course spotless, beautifully decorated and had an exceptional bathroom. All of which I have come to expect from the Alamo, but I feel I should repeat for anyone who hasn't been there yet.
I've stayed in three different rooms over four years and the showers have always been wonderful, the towels properly copious and the FULL-SIZED free toiletries of a very high standard.

Breakfast was again up to the usual standard. That standard being high.
I had three courses; croissant, bacon and egg and then fruit with muesli and yoghurt.
Oh and tea and toast too!
Well I was making up for the last two years when I just had juice...

I can't fault it. I'd like to live there all year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SundaeGirl72
NEWCASTLE
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This was a last minute booking through late rooms. com so we really did not expect to much. However we were confronted with a hotel/guest house full of character and style and run by a really pleasant welcoming couple who could not do enough for you. The rooms were really comfortable and stylish and appeared to have been updated recently to a high standard. The breakfast was one of the best I have had (I must apologise for asking for a full English when in Scotland) and served in a really tastfully decorated room. It turned out that the current owner has restored and painted all the very decorative ceilings himself and it is worth the trip just to admire his handy work. All in all this was a really pleasant but brief stay and we will be back when next visiting Glasgow. One tip, contact the hotel direct to book as it will be cheaper that going through various websites.

1 Thank lespowell