“My home from home”

Alamo Guest House
Ranked #2 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have been staying at the Alamo regularly since Autumn 2013. I now stay here once a week for work reasons and I have to say that every time I walk in the door I immediately feel at home. Steve and Emma and their family are wonderful and look after me like I am one of their own! Nothing is too much trouble and they are wonderful hosts.
I am a very fussy person to the point that I usually don't enjoy staying in hotels or b&b's unless they are of the highest standard. I have never been disappointed by the Alamo and I have stayed in most of the rooms and have seen all of them. They cater for everyone: if you are looking for a single room at low cost - no problem choose their single/twin rooms downstairs with shared facilities. If you are looking for something special for a romantic break then one of the upstairs rooms with a park view (1 or 12 are the best) and showstopping bath then nothing could be better.
Everything is always immaculately clean and I have never once in all my stays had to wait for a bathroom. I always sleep so well and I can't recommend the Alamo highly enough. I already recommend it to any of my family or friends who come to Glasgow and they have all loved it as well. It's a keeper!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The Alamo is one of the best places we have stayed at in the UK. How a city centre guest house can provide this service at such a good price is beyond me. Absolutely terrific. We chose it at random as it was close to a Lunch Party Venue and we are glad we did. We will be staying again when we visit Glasgow in the future.

1  Thank valiant9
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Cant speak highly enough of the Alamo guest house, great looking Victorian style rooms with modern twists. Room 12 was very luxurious, spacious and well decorated we loved the stylish en suite and HD 3D tv. We only met the owners Steve and Emma briefly but were very kind and friendly. Unfortunately I can't comment on breakfast because we were so comfortable in our lovely bed that we decided to sleep in a little. Overall superb guest house and great experience, definately be visiting the Alamo again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had an excellent stay at The Alamo - very friendly staff, comfortable room in a beautiful house next to Kelvin Park. Thoroughly recommended if you're going for a city break in Glasgow. Close enough to walk to the major attractions .

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Perfect Night!'
Lovely atmosphere. We felt very welcome from the moment we arrived. Friendly and helpful staff. Staying as a couple overnight for Valentines, we had spent most of our time in town but had an excellent nights sleep in a cosy room! The room we chose had style and elegance as well as a very good standard of cleanliness! We were so impressed that we knew we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Having slept in, we thought we missed breakfast, however the staff were so kind and invited us in as they kept the food for us! Great night and morning for us! Many thanks to the staff for a memorable valentines weekend!"

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Alamo Hotel recently and were treated with exceptional kindness and respect. The rooms are beautifully furnished and we felt like we were Royalty for the duration of our short 2 night stay. There was plenty of choice for breakfast and as much as you can manage and as they claim themselves 'nothing is too much trouble'.
The location of the hotel could not be better with plenty of eating establishments and museums close to hand. Parking could not have been more convenient just outside the Hotel for a nominal daily charge.I hope one day I get the opportunity to stay at the Alamo again in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Would highly recommend the Alamo guest house, great location, amazing decor, fantastic hospitality, thanks for making us so welcome, room 12 a real relaxing treat, definitely top of my list for future stays in Glasgow, best wishes to the team x"

Room Tip: Room 12, just sheer luxury, amazing bespoke decor, very spacious and great facilities. Also enjoyed...