“Beautiful Georgian building with very helpful manager”
Review of The Georgian House

The Georgian House
Ranked #32 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I come up to Glasgow regularly for shopping trips and have stayed at several hotels/bed and breakfasts. The Georgian House is ideally situated at the top of Byres Road, perfect for eating out and with good transport links into the city centre.

Gordon the manager was extremely helpful and friendly and amazingly cheerful considering he runs the place on his own. We had a self catering room on the second floor and although there are a lot of stairs the room was airy, very clean with the most comfortable bed we have ever come across in a hotel or B&B. The furniture in the room was slightly shabby and needs some upgrading, however, despite this we had a very comfortable stay.The bathroom was large with a bath and shower over and plenty of hot water. The room also had a fridge, microwave and cooker so we were able to cook one meal.
There is free parking at the rear of the hotel which is a major benefit as we always drive to Glasgow.
Our room was at the rear of the property which had a wonderful view of the Kibble Palace in Botantic Gardens.
Only downside was the slightly shabby furniture. With an injection of cash to upgrade this hotel would be absolutely perfect. We will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the building are quieter. If you have trouble with stairs ask for a room at gro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robin A
There are newer reviews for The Georgian House

Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a fantastic find - a brilliant location, very pleasant rooms with real charm and character, great breakfast and very helpful proprietor. all at an unbelievably good price. Strongly recommended - I came for a business stay but enjoyed it so much I'll come back for leisure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Great value for a reasonable price.
The host was nice and helpful.
The room was absolutely fabulous. I love the big bathroom!
Free wifi and parking.
Breakfast was ok.
Location was good, not far from the City centre. Bus stop was right in front of the hotel. Near a lot of pubs, bars and super markets. There was a lovely park next to the hotel and a very nice water fall behind it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Twee_Nguyen
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We needed a reasonably priced, comfortable hotel in a good location for a work trip - and I am really glad that we came across The Georgian House. It was warm and clean, with free WifI and parking (makes the price of the stay even more reasonable!). The rooms we had were generous sizes and the 'continental' breakfast was good. I also couldn't fault the hard work and warm welcome that we received from the manager. If you're looking for 5* luxury accomodation, this probably isn't the place for you; but if you want a nice comfortable stay in a central location for a good price, then I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank claire842
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The stairs were a killer when you're hauling heavy luggage. Not easy to find due to poor directions in the B&B book. Parking outback was interesting. Only place that we weren't served a full Scottish breakfast, but what they did supply was good. Rooms were clean and charming, but the street noise kept you up. The highlight of the stay was the host, he was entertaining and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sylvia_Sharon
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The manager was incredibly rude and condescending when arrived and during two unfortunate interactions during my stay. When I attempted to check out, he simply ignored me. I waited a while and finally the housekeeper helped me check out. The breakfast was narrowly passable. The mattress desperately needed to be replaced as I could feel and see the coils sticking out. Overall, just avoid the Georgian House.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Ann25_12
georgianhouse1000, Manager at The Georgian House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

I am seriously unsure if this person was actually a guest. We do not have a check out procedure as such this is all covered on arrival. Also there is no housekeeper and we do not have coils in the bed. Yes and the rude part is also part of their imagination.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed in Room 7 the "self catering" room which reminded me of a shabby bedsit. we were hardly there so didnt mind to much but even at £50 for the the night I couldnt even say it was good value for what you paid for.

Found the manager quite pleasant and he seemed similarly well mannered when I heard him talking to other guests.

Location is ideal and parking was free.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple