“Appalling-worst experience ever!”

and 1 more site!
38 Bath Street Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

This has been the worst experience I have ever had! Service was appalling. I arrived at 6:40 having rang the reception earlier in the day and..... I WAS REFUSED ENTRY!!! Firstly Te entry code that was e mail was wrong when I rang the number on the door I was told that my booking was cancelled by a rude man. Instead of talking to me about it he told me to ring the company I had booked with and sort it with them. It all boiled down to my age! After over 1hour standing outside in the freezing cold myself hotels.com told me that the man claimed I was underage! Well I'm 29.....no one was there to see me, so how did they come to this conclusion??? My email address had _17 in it. Unbelievable! Once I had convinced them I was 29 said they wanted I send someone to check my ID! This took another hour! All the time the firm never rang me directly to apologise! When I did email to complain I got a pack of lies back. Money grabbing, greedy and another choice few words for this firm. Appalling, never ever again!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Ck17oma
michellebrownmax, Manager at 38 Bath Street Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback. As previously communicated to you we do not allow those under 25 to stay in our apartments. This is for the safety and enjoyment of all our in house guests. As per our terms and conditions we do state that ID will be required upon arrival and had an approximate arrival time been stated the front of house manager would have been onsite to great you and confirm your details. We take all feedback on board and are sorry to hear your check in didn’t meet expectations on this occasion.,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were on a Christmas Shopping Trip with our Grand-daughter who is 13 years old. We really enjoying apartments when we go with her, everyone gets there own space and we can either eat in or go out or have a take-away.

We usually go to other apartments in Glasgow but have been a bit disappointed with them so we looked into more apartments and decided to use Bath Street. We were a bit apprehensive at first as the reports on Tripadvisor were not very favourable, but we were pleasantly surprised. The apartments are based 5 mins from Queen Street Station and the shops are just round the corner or straight down Bath Street. 2 mins and you are just in the shops. The Chinese we like was just round the corner "Blue China". The apartment was clean, we had some coffee, sugar and tea jus enough for one night but Sainsbury's is not far away. Could possibly have done with more toilet rolls but they can be bought. Check out was not until 11am some places we have been to it has been 10 am but possibly could have arranged a late check out. No attendant on the door during the day, whilst we were there but there was someone there in the evening (thank goodness) as we had been given the wrong entry code. (It had been changed). The bedroom we had was massive.

We would use these apartments again no problem.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and there was some noise from bottles being tipped into a bucket - heard...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Max Apartments website describes it's apartments as 'Quality – Max Serviced Apartments are modern, contemporary and stylish. They offer fully equipped kitchens, luxury bathrooms and free Wi-Fi'

This couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm staying in what I thought was a lovely 'home from home' Glasgow apartment. We checked in to find a broken fridge, dirty carpets, no wifi, a balcony full of rubbish, curtains half hanging, broken blinds, cracked and dirty walls, a broken shower door, a shower that didn't drain, the kitchen extractor fan didn't work, and only 2 out of 6 lights working in the kitchen. One of the cooker rings doesn't work, bare cupboards with a bare minimum of cutlery and crockery (we are staying a week and cannot store any leftovers), saucepan lids that don't fit...I could go on and on.

Because I'm here for a week on business I wanted to resolve this matter quickly only to find that nobody was on reception for 2 days, no replies to my emails and I was expected to phone a prime phone number on my mobile.... Appalling

I am really annoyed that these guys are in business, especially as no effort has been made to contact me after I've sent 2 emails about the state of this place. I have stayed in some great apartments in Glasgow on business and this place is truly shocking. Max apartments are dirty and full of broken promises with no customer service whatsoever.

Don't waste your money as this is one of the worst places I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank janemeans
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Randomly received a text from this company/owner with all the check in information as the accommodation isn't always staffed. They stated that the booking company (Expedia) hadn't provided my email address - which it has for every other booking in the past. Anyway all the codes etc worked fine. When entering the building it looks nice and there is a desk - with no one at it. There was a safe with the keys to the room in it. I found our key and it had no obvious room number on it so we went to where we concluded the room must be. Whilst the reception area looked nice - it is most definitely a facade. The lift was caked in dirt and general grime. When we found our room we entered what is a huge apartment with very generous bedrooms etc. However, the stench that soon hit us was one of wet dog mixed with cat urine. There are massive amounts of water damage to the carpets in general areas that look like they have just been left to dry with no treatment. The wood in the skirting boards is rotten. The kitchen smelt as if someone had just cooked a meal and then opening the oven there were still dirty pans etc in the oven. The room advertisement stated that it supplied tea, coffee, milk cereal etc - no milk or cereals to be found. On further inspection the ensuite bathroom had no toilet paper and the other bathroom had half a roll. The toilet was dirty with stains etc. the bin was broken and had no bag inside.The shower in the main bathroom was dirty, dirty glass, plug and shower head. On further inspection there was an opened and used bar of soap in the soap dish in the shower. This is unacceptable as it means that the shower was not only not cleaned, it wasn't even looked at. The curtains in the lounge are broken and can't be closed completely. The cupboard door containing the washing machine doesn't close and the fridge makes a constant over bearing whirring noise at all times. This is in a very good location and if cleaned properly this place could be fantastic place to stay. Until then there are no excuses for a dirty shower with previous guests shower products still insitu and dirty pots/pans in the kitchen. Water damage aside, I do not recommend this as a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank J S
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Was very concerned about the reservation due to the bad reviews so I contacted the reservations team expressing my concerns (mainly about cleanliness!). The reservations manager, Oliver, was very nice and assured me the room would be double checked prior to check in he was very helpful on other matters too.

We had a one bed apartment which was huge! All the appliances worked apart from the remote control for the Tv and the freezer was switched off/broken. We didn't need the freezer but it was quite smelly when i opened it. The bedding and towels were clean. The kitchen was well equipped with saucepans and everything you would need if preparing proper meals .

The apartment was tidy but there were some hairs in the bath tub and a stale smell of cigarretts this wasn't a huge issue as we were out a lot but isn't ideal. The main downfall for this place is the lack of customer service, we saw a man very late at night when coming in from night outs and that was it. We had one bar of soap and half a used toilette roll, there was no one to ask for replacements.

Overall I would want to stay here again but the cleanliness puts me off. There was nothing extreme but I don't like to see or smell remains from previous guests, the rooms need a good deep clean and a bit of TLC (some wall paper coming off the wall etc). Its a shame as the size and appliances offer very good value for money and the location is great! There are a lot of nice bars on Bath street and it takes minutes to get into the center of town and the Merchant City.

The apartment could easily rank very highly but the simple things are letting it down.

Room Tip: Request an apartment looking on to Bath Street, our room looked into offices and a roof , wasn't...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at these apartments for 2 nights and the apartments did not disappoint, very modern and clean. no problem checking in, the location was perfect right in the centre of the city. we highly recommend staying here and we will definitely be returning on our next visit to Glasgow, also would not agree with any of the bad reviews made about these apartments.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chelsi f
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the max serviced apartments for one night. This was the email I had to send to complain about the place .you wouldn't believe what we found.

I stayed in the max serviced apartments on bath Glasgow yesterday 4/07/13. The apartments are beautiful however there was a few things I would like to bring to your attention that would put me and my partner off ever staying again. When we arrived we went to put our shopping in the fridge which was strongly smelling of what I could only describe as urine. I then realised that there was another fridge in the apartment so really the old one should not still be there smelling that bad. I then discover there was no toilet roll so I went searching in drawers for toilet roll incase it had been put somewhere other than the bathroom. Then to much disgust I then found a vibrator in my bedside drawer. I thought it couldn't get any worse until I got into bed at night to find a pair of ladies pants. It is very obvious that our apartment had not been cleaned to the luxury standard that you describe on your website. I would hope that you would consider some kind of refund to myself and partner to compensate for what we were subjected to throughout our stay.
I received an email back from hotels.com who I booked with offering me £20 discount for my next booking with them but that unfortunately the manager of max serviced apartments MR frank was unwilling to offer any kind of compensation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple