SACO Glasgow - Cochrane Street
HotelIndigo.com
US$114
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$106
  • Restaurant
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
ibis
US$89
US$65
US$254
US$180
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$94
Orbitz.com
US$141
US$99
US$92
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgeorge squarenice apartmentwithin walking distancemerchant cityfantastic locationgreat facilitiesrestaurants and barsgreat weekendappliancesaptprivacyaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I needed an alternative to 'just another hotel' and booked in to SACO at Cochrane Street. Ultra clean modern apartment, extremely helpful and friendly reception by the apartment manager. What else is there to say? I'm not quite sure how I would have gained access if the SACO manager hadn't been walking up the steps at the same time as me, but maybe that needs checking at the time of booking. A very good stay and I will be booking again for my Glasgow trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Glasgow - Cochrane Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for your review I am pleased you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us in SACO Glasgow.
I am sorry you found the check in process confusing. We aim to send a text message to confirm details of check in to each arriving guest the apartment managers number is displayed for any queries also.

We hope you choose to stay with SACO in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Upon arriving in Glasgow I was thrilled to walk into this apartment. It was modern, well maintained with a 'welcome' pack that included some snacks, cereal and milk - very appreciated after a long day of travel! The location is brilliant, close to the train, shops, grocery and merchant city. It was very spacious and allowed me to spread out and relax. The building is very secure and the staff are lovely and very professional. This will be my first stop without hesitation on any future visits. I would recommend to anyone as you will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review it's very much appreciated, as feedback is very important to us.
I would also like to thank you for your lovely comments I will pass this on to the rest of the SACO team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SACO in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The quoted price does not include the 20% VAT. If you are a foreigner and not familiar with this, it adds a large amount to the bill. If you are travelling on business perhaps this doesn't matter, but for someone on a budget, having the final nightly rate quoted is more realistic.

I have stayed as a tourist many many times over the past 7 years and have no complaints at all. The management is excellent. The location could not be better.

Wi-fi used to be 15GBP/week while many other places it is free. Perhaps this has changed since last winter.

Room Tip: No tips in choosing rooms. Rooms are chosen for you. The building is VERY SECURE. Great for a single woman.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Betsy G

Thank you for your review I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us at SACO.
As regards the VAT, if you let reservations know that you would like the price including vat this is something they will do for you. We quote excluding VAT as most our corporate clients prefer this as they claim the vat back.
WIFI is something as a company we are looking at upgrading, so this will provide a better service for our guests.
We hope to welcome you back to SACO in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Great apartment modern and fresh, kitchen as everything you will ever need,so lovely to wake up and not rush around to go to breakfast or have to find somewhere to eat.So from the start you are relaxed. The bedroom was just beautiful, lovely and airy good quality bed and fluffy pillows.Bathroom spacious with big mirrors on both walls,great for getting ready for a day or night out. Apartment is surrounded by restaurants some lovely squares to sit and have lunch or an evening meal. Great for clothes shopping too. Train station was only 5 mins walk away which was excellent, so we went to Edinburgh for the afternoon,which was lovely. A must do. We were happy on our return that the apartment was a short walk, so nice to collapse onto a big sofa with a glass of red. Really had a lovely weekend in Glasgow, but for us the apartment made it even better. Will never stay in a hotel again. Thank you Saco for our wonderful stay, Will definitely stay with you again. Jackie and Lee.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leewil1
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Glasgow - Cochrane Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at SACO Glasgow. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Glasgow!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2012

One of the very best Serviced Apartments I've stayed in. We rented it for a week while we were working at an event in George Square. It's was the first of many Apartments I've now used, based on my stay here.
Lift to all floors, very central to the city center, exceptionally clean and modern with great facilities. Comfortable and well equipped with all kitchen items, including crockery, cutlery, pans, cooking equipment. We rented a one bedroom apartment with a sofa bed in the living room. I slept on the sofa bed for 6 nights, very happily.
The Housekeeper was very accommodating, we arrived very early in the morning and she was there to greet us with keys & instructions on how everything worked. Lovely sash windows that we were able to open fully and heating when we needed it.
I would whole heartedly recommend as a short or indeed long stay apartment right in the centre of Glasgow.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mathildamurphy

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Glasgow!

Kind Regards