“Fantastic location, much better than a hotel”

SACO Glasgow - Cochrane Street
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Fantastic location, much better than a hotel”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I spent a three week holiday in Scotland, basing myself out of Glasgow. I chose Glasgow as it's a bit less touristy than Edinburgh, which is an easy train ride away (less than an hour, and frequent trains). Glasgow was also central to most of the places I wanted to visit. (Having friends there was a bonus!)

SACO was in the perfect location, just across from George Square. Glasgow-Queen Street Station is just a short walk away. Close access to bus stops for Hop On-Hop Off tour buses and airport shuttles. It's also just above a wonderful cafe, Wee Guy's. Plenty of other restaurants in nearby walking distance as well. Great shopping just a couple of blocks away on Buchanan.

SACO fit my needs perfectly. The one bedroom flat was cozy enough to feel like home, with its separate living room and kitchen. A much better experience than a hotel. Christine, the manager, did a great job of making me feel welcome and addressing any issues I came across. Had I to do it over again, though, I may have requested a higher floor.

Room Tip: If it is warm enough to open windows at night you may want to request a higher floor to reduce stree...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Glasgow - Cochrane Street, responded to this review, 6 March 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at SACO Glasgow. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Christine will be delighted to hear your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next visiting Glasgow.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Booked a two night stay online and unfortunately we were rather disappointed that the apartment wasn't as spacious and open as it look from the photos online. Although it was very clean and modern, there was very little ventilation due to small windows (there were already fans in the bedroom and living room which suggests that this is an issue the company are already aware off). The kitchen was well equipped with all the essentials and the living room was comfortable with a nice, big flat screen tv. The bedroom was very small with barely enough room to walk around the bed, as well as being far too hot and stuffy, particularly at night. This made for a very uncomfortable nights sleep. And as for the bathroom, which was clean and modern and spacious enough, had a pathetic excuse of a shower! It had zero water pressure and ran either freezing cold or boiling hot, making showering a very unpleasant experience! Now, we didn't phone up the "helpline" number about the shower as from the moment you arrive to "check in" you get the impression you are very much left to your own devices as there is no staff (which you are told about when booking online). You have to collect your keys from a safety box and also type in codes which isn't as straight forward as it is made out to be which immediately starts things off on a bad foot. With a few improvements ie, a receptionist, air con in the rooms, and better showers, this would be the perfect city base as its location couldn't be better (3-4mins from the train station and right on Georges Square).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Glasgow - Cochrane Street, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your recent review on SACO Glasgow, we value your comments and feedback.

Here at SACO we constantly strive for excellent customer satisfaction and I am sorry that you felt, on this occasion, we did not fully meet your expectations. Some of our apartments are slightly smaller than others but depending on availability, moving to another apartment can be arranged if requested.

Please accept my apologies if you found the apartment was too hot, we experienced a hotter summer this year and the apartments have been warmer than usual. We put in the additional fans to try and help with this.

I would also like to apologise for the problem you had with the shower. Guests are provided with a mobile number to report any issues during their stay so we can try and rectify them as soon as possible to ensure guest satisfaction. I am sorry that you did not report the issue but we have since called an engineer to try and resolve the issue.

Rest assured guests are not left alone during their stay, help is always available from the Apartments Manager whether it is onsite or via the phone. SACO operates several locations which have no reception area and this works extremely well. I am sorry you felt this did not work for you.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope that these small issues will not deter you from booking again with SACO in the future.
South West UK
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I needed an alternative to 'just another hotel' and booked in to SACO at Cochrane Street. Ultra clean modern apartment, extremely helpful and friendly reception by the apartment manager. What else is there to say? I'm not quite sure how I would have gained access if the SACO manager hadn't been walking up the steps at the same time as me, but maybe that needs checking at the time of booking. A very good stay and I will be booking again for my Glasgow trips.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Glasgow - Cochrane Street, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for your review I am pleased you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us in SACO Glasgow.
I am sorry you found the check in process confusing. We aim to send a text message to confirm details of check in to each arriving guest the apartment managers number is displayed for any queries also.

We hope you choose to stay with SACO in the near future.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Upon arriving in Glasgow I was thrilled to walk into this apartment. It was modern, well maintained with a 'welcome' pack that included some snacks, cereal and milk - very appreciated after a long day of travel! The location is brilliant, close to the train, shops, grocery and merchant city. It was very spacious and allowed me to spread out and relax. The building is very secure and the staff are lovely and very professional. This will be my first stop without hesitation on any future visits. I would recommend to anyone as you will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review it's very much appreciated, as feedback is very important to us.
I would also like to thank you for your lovely comments I will pass this on to the rest of the SACO team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SACO in the future.
Jackson Heights, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The quoted price does not include the 20% VAT. If you are a foreigner and not familiar with this, it adds a large amount to the bill. If you are travelling on business perhaps this doesn't matter, but for someone on a budget, having the final nightly rate quoted is more realistic.

I have stayed as a tourist many many times over the past 7 years and have no complaints at all. The management is excellent. The location could not be better.

Wi-fi used to be 15GBP/week while many other places it is free. Perhaps this has changed since last winter.

Room Tip: No tips in choosing rooms. Rooms are chosen for you. The building is VERY SECURE. Great for a singl...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Betsy G
Thank you for your review I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us at SACO.
As regards the VAT, if you let reservations know that you would like the price including vat this is something they will do for you. We quote excluding VAT as most our corporate clients prefer this as they claim the vat back.
WIFI is something as a company we are looking at upgrading, so this will provide a better service for our guests.
We hope to welcome you back to SACO in the very near future.
uk
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Great apartment modern and fresh, kitchen as everything you will ever need,so lovely to wake up and not rush around to go to breakfast or have to find somewhere to eat.So from the start you are relaxed. The bedroom was just beautiful, lovely and airy good quality bed and fluffy pillows.Bathroom spacious with big mirrors on both walls,great for getting ready for a day or night out. Apartment is surrounded by restaurants some lovely squares to sit and have lunch or an evening meal. Great for clothes shopping too. Train station was only 5 mins walk away which was excellent, so we went to Edinburgh for the afternoon,which was lovely. A must do. We were happy on our return that the apartment was a short walk, so nice to collapse onto a big sofa with a glass of red. Really had a lovely weekend in Glasgow, but for us the apartment made it even better. Will never stay in a hotel again. Thank you Saco for our wonderful stay, Will definitely stay with you again. Jackie and Lee.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leewil1
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Glasgow!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

One of the very best Serviced Apartments I've stayed in. We rented it for a week while we were working at an event in George Square. It's was the first of many Apartments I've now used, based on my stay here.
Lift to all floors, very central to the city center, exceptionally clean and modern with great facilities. Comfortable and well equipped with all kitchen items, including crockery, cutlery, pans, cooking equipment. We rented a one bedroom apartment with a sofa bed in the living room. I slept on the sofa bed for 6 nights, very happily.
The Housekeeper was very accommodating, we arrived very early in the morning and she was there to greet us with keys & instructions on how everything worked. Lovely sash windows that we were able to open fully and heating when we needed it.
I would whole heartedly recommend as a short or indeed long stay apartment right in the centre of Glasgow.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mathildamurphy
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Glasgow!