“Good food, Waiter was friendly”

Akdeniz Mediterranean Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Were in Glasgow on my day off with my wife and daughter. We didn't know where to eat and my wife checked on Amazon Local for any restaurant deal and this restaurant appeared. We had never tried Turkish food and were confused about buying the voucher. We had no other option because there were not other deals on Glasgow that day. So we bought it and went to the restaurant. I was not very impressed with the décor but when we started eating, the food was delicious.

The waiter (I don't know if he is the owner) was very nice, he gave a couple of pieces of biscuits to our daughter Freya and stopped her crying.

We don't know if we go back to this restaurant again but I like to wish good luck for the success.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We visited here one Thursday afternoon for our lunch and had taken our 2 year old with us. This was a KGB deal and had never noticed the restaurant before. The food was absolutely delicious - really fresh and tasty. The voucher was for two courses and a bottle of house wine for £21! We were treated like a king, queen and a princess too. Have another voucher deal so can't wait to return.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Love this place. My new favourite restaurant. We eat out at least twice a week always trying different places around Glasgow. However, this is one of the few restaurants I would go out of my way to recommend and return to.

The restaurant, situated on The High Street, doesn't look much from the outside. When we entered we were pleasantly surprised by the warm welcoming interior. The welcome by the waitperson was friendly. The staff couldn't do more to make the visit one to remember.

Although we had a voucher we found the menu to have a good selection. The main A la Carte menu is extensive.
The food was fresh and delicious and the service excellent throughout. There were some nice touches such as bread, butter and olives supplied as extra. The bread was delicious. The restaurant got busier as the evening went on. Always a good sign.

Can't wait to make a return visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Had made a booking based on the proximity of this restaurant to an event we'd attended, and couldn't of been more pleased. We turned up earlier than initially booked (thanks to the lovely Scottish weather), and with an extra person in our party....they couldn't of been more accommodating. The staff are very warm and friendly, and service was second to none. Orders were taken and the food came in good time. Our party consisted of three generations, all with very different tastes, but everyone was of the same option - delicious!! (That's saying something given one of us is extremely particular!) Plenty of choice on menu, and great value too! Give it a go..... Our party can recommend the chefs special and the Turkish beer.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I went with a friend for lunch on a Living Social deal. Our deal included two courses each and a bottle of wine. Being a deal the choices were limited but I had no problem finding something, in fact I had trouble narrowing it down! The food was lovely. Very fresh and colourful and full of flavour and good portion sizes too. I had the chicken shish as my main and it was lovely.

The staff too were lovely. They were very friendly and came to speak to my friend and I to ensure we were enjoying the food but were in no way intrusive.

The deal we had was great value and I would have no problem going back and paying full price. I will definitely be back in the future.