“Cozy B&B”

Ranked #4 of 38 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Cozy B&B”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed here a few days and I had a great experience. The rooms are clean and the bed I had was very comfy. My room had a skylight which made it nice and bright. The breakfast is very good and has lots of variety. The coffee was the best I had in Glasgow.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Swansea, Wales
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We were in Room 8 at the top of the house. It was lovely and our little three-year-old boy particularly liked it. Plenty of choice at breakfast time, friendly staff, great location. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Basic Guesthouse bedrooms - clean & tidy. Met two members of staff during my stay, who were courteous, friendly and helpful. Continental type breakfast - food/drink was plentiful, good variety and of top quality, all takenwith background easy listening classical music. Good value for money, close to public transport, shops, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Leeming, North Yorkshire
Reviewed 28 January 2013

5th stay here, and as ever it was a lovely experience. A quiet, peaceful, place, we always stay in Room 8 as it has a lovely view and even though only a couple we are happy to pay that bit more (it is a family room ) to get that benefit. Breakfast plentiful and tasty. We visit Glasgow annually and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else ever. We are all entitled to our opinions, but some of the outright criticism in other reviews is very hard to understand, perhaps we are less fussy than some people ! Yes, the rooms and ensuites, etc, aren't "plush", but no-one claims they are, and they aren't priced as such, and on speaking with Alex last year she explained what a big project she is trying very hard to achieve (and will )

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Esmeralda61
amadeusglasgow, Owner at Amadeus Guest House, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our guest house. In a difficult economy where millions are spent in investment on value hotels, it has become a very difficult environment for guest houses to thrive. Times are really changing, and this alternate, more homely type of accommodation only survives thanks to people like you who appreciate good value with a personal touch...

We hope to see you times again, and thank you for your faith in our project. It is taking much longer than initially intended, but we will definitely succeed ;)

Many thanks again,

Alex
dundee
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed in The Amadeus over the New Year period and appreciated it's laid-back, quiet atmosphere. I was in the small, single room 7, which I requested as someone who appreciates peace and quiet. The owner had just installed a new satellite tv, which was appreciated. I have enjoyed my stays in the Amadeus in the past. This time was no exception. I hope to return there again.

Room Tip: Room 7 is quiet single and my favourite.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jimgordon88
Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I was working in Glasgow and needed a room for 3 months at short notice. The manager and owner Alex, not only gave me a great price but was incredibly friendly, accommodating and made allowances for certain circumstances that arose throughout my stay. As its a guest house there is no laundry or cooking facilities but my room was lovely and made up everyday. I would recommend this to anyone passing through.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank brigoc
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2012

stayed here for the weekend with my mum and sister, we had room 7, a little single room on the top floor, and room 6, a very quirly twin room between the first and 2nd floors. Our rooms were fantastic. room 7 was a small single, but at £24 a night you couldnt complain and mum said the room was very comfortable and warm, and although not ensuit the bathroom was right next door and it was very handy having a sink in the room for a wash in the morning. Our room (6) was great, beds were very comfortable, and there was an additional electric heater as it was cold (-2 outside might have had somehting to do with it) The location was fantastic, and very easily found by anyone who is not from glasgow. breakfast was a great selection. would definatally stay again. :D

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family