“New Years Eve party”

Ranked #50 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve party”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Children were at this occasion (none from our group) you had to go and collect your hot main course from the buffet in the middle of the floor, not a good idea as people were crossing each other with hot meals and very hot plates. The last child left at 3am as we were going to our not particularly warm room others in our party had very hot rooms, walls were very thin you can hear everything. Breakfast buffet was OK, had to ask for toast and butter, not served until 11am

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marion F
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. With regards to your comments regarding children attending our Hogmanay Houlie, I apologise if you believed that this was an adult-only event as we welcome families, including children.

The style of service for main courses has been a success over previous years and parties are invited up table-by-table.

The Redhurst Hotel serves Bed & Brunch on New Year's Day as the majority of our guests appreciate a later breakfast at this celebratory time of year.

Your comments are appreciated and we look at them in a constructive manner in order for us to improve the quality of our standards and service.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hebrew first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were at a function and stayed over as we live a distance away . Receptionist was very pleasant and welcoming . Room was a little chilly as was the function suite where the party was held but it was very clean and fresh and the bed was comfortable , a new mattress I think . No frills but okay for the price .
Breakfast was fine and again the young staff were friendly and efficient .

Room Tip: We were in a front room and although it looked out onto the car park it was quiet .
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments regarding the staff and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
San Jose, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I travel the world on business, spending around 100 nights in hotels away from home. As I was home visiting family in Giffnock, I decided to book 2 nights at the Redhurst hotel. On arrival the room had a distinct musty smell, which did not disperse. I informed staff - but no remedy...The room needs condemned. I can only imagine that a cell in the local police station would be more comfortable. The room was freezing and heating did not work, so at 2am I went to Lobby to warm up...The room is featureless, no lamps, clock, headboard and furniture should be in a junk shop. Black mould in bathroom, broken shower head, grubby tiles and corroded fittings....thevlist goes on. Needless to say, I checked out next morning after complaining to booking.com (who did nothing). The hotel would not credit me back for my second night booked, quoting their ridiculous 24 hour cancellation policy,,,,, so not just a bad hotel, but Managemnt that lack any quality or guest care vision, Their need for my 60 pounds maybe greater than mine, goihg by the lack of investement in their property, they should be ashamed of themselves. Do yourself a favour and stay away. Personally, i'd rather sleep in my car.....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank DRS65
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. The Hotels cancellation policy is 24hrs notice which was stated when you indicated that you may have to cancel your second night stay and unfortunately, no indication was given at this point regarding your dissatisfaction of your room. All rooms have had a light refurbishment with new carpets and decorated in neutral tones and with a 70% occupancy provide good value for money. Bookings.com agreed with the hotels policy and did not insist a refund. We have taken on board your comments and appreciate your time in posting this review.
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate to be upgraded to a suite.
I canna speak too highly of all of the staff.no request was too hard.
there were some difficulties due to the current reorganising and refurbing oof the hotel....eg no phone or 'fridge in the room.....but this shouldn't detract from our overall experience which was excellent

• Stayed November 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I read a lot of reviews before staying here and was a little worried by what I read.
We stayed for 1 night, for a wedding reception.
The check in was quick and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. When we got to the room, it was basic. I wasn't expecting the Ritz. The bed was comfortable, the water was piping hot and the room was clean. My only downside was that they only had one pillow on the bed.
I would recommend this hotel. We didn't have time to stay for breakfast so I can't tell what this was like.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
scotland
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Had our wedding Reception in October and I can't fault the hotel. Both the organisation by Lorraine the wedding co-ordinator was excellent and the venue looked amazing and excellent value for money . The rooms were as described and had an excellent choice of tea coffee and hot chocolate.and the breakfast the next day was of the highest quality. I would definetly recommend this Hotel as a wedding reception venue or a party. The bar area was welcoming and the buffet was excellent at our wedding as many guests commented on this.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank wully76
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were very satisfied with the accommodations at the Redhurst Hotel...the room was clean and spacious, the shower had nice water pressure, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were very nice and helpful, especially in light of the fact that there is no lift to the rooms. We ate in the pub and the meal was very good. It is close to the train station at Williamwood, but the platform has a lot of stairs and no ramp, so travel light. Ease of access to Glasgow and Edinburgh made this an ideal place for us to stay and the reasonable rates were the icing on the cake. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Busby Hotel
Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
Kings Park Hotel
Kings Park Hotel
#82 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Redhurst Hotel? Share your experiences!