Redhurst Hotel
US$110
US$89
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Restaurant
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$106
Travelocity
US$254
US$180
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$94
US$141
US$99
US$92
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewstribute nightsteak piefunction suitegreat nightlast minute bookingbit datedfamily roomfull scottish breakfastovernight stayrail stationhotel staffhotel baran upgradelovely roomnight's sleepcooked breakfastvisiting glasgow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Let me start with the staff, everyone I dealt with was excellent, friendly without being fawning, just genuine nice people.
Our room,The Giffnock Suite, was large,clean and very comfortable, lovely bed and the bathroom, well it was bathroom with everything you needed, must also mention the sound insulation, it was amazing, our room was located above and near a function room, and as soon as you walked out the room, the noise was loud, but inside, total silence.
Food, the restaurant was very good, the food and service was better than many places.
Now I come to my only negative, wi-fi signal, even with a booster fitted to my netbook it was poor and kept dropping out, it was fine in the bar and other main areas, saying that it is only a little negative.

Room Tip: Ignore the whingers on trip advisor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review. Your comments are important to us and we appreciate you taking your valuable time in posting this review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Redhurst Hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

excellent parking, right at the front door. Easy to find, and convenient for trains to Glasgow, local shops and restaurants (I recommend the Wee Cocina just 10 minutes walk away). We had a good night's sleep and a refreshing shower, but didn't sample the breakfast as we had to be on the road early. Good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review. The Hotel is situated in the leafy suburbs of Giffnock, albeit 7 miles outside the City Centre, with good transport links closeby and fantastic local amenities. I am delighted that your stay was comfortable and we often receive positive comments regarding our "power showers".

We look forward to welcoming you back and you can possibly sample our traditional Scottish Fayre Breakfast.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just left and that was a party of four. Three soup starters and I had the Brie which we all enjoyed. Main courses we had where. Fish & chips. Went down with no problem. Scampi which was enjoyed. Macaroni cheese was dry and slightly tasteless. My main was steak pie which was nice and only thing I can mention is I should have requested a side order of gravy as it was a little dry. The main memory I'll leave with is the server Linda who said I reminded her of someone famous. John someone who is Scottish but moved to america. Eventually she said Barrowman. Oh we all laughed. She is an exceptional friendly woman.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and acknowledging your server Linda's high quality of customer service skills. Your comments regarding your meal have been passed to our Head Chef as your feedback is important to us in order for us to strive to improve our quality of products to the same standard as the service.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Hi thought I would let people know what the hotel was really like an not some pompous review or of someone hard to please ,we got married here 25yrs ago and decided on an overnight to celebrate,on arrival right from the start staff excellent couldn't be anymore helpful ,room was the giffnock suite expected damp dreary cold room based on some reviews just goes to show don't always listen to some people room magic roasting and very clean well set out view from the window is what you would expect from a hotel in a Glasgow suburb come on people get real, went onto have a meal steak Tuesday magic complements to the guys in the kitchen they even accommodated my wife when she asked for different gravy and the sticky toffee got to get it fantastic, when we arrived and were shown to our table Linda had went above and beyond the call and decorated the table which for us especially my wife was outstanding thanks , personally to all a big thanks for making us welcome and we will be back ps.full Scottish breakie in the morning magic good start to the day

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest

With reference to your recent review, firstly I would thank you for your comments regarding the quality of both service and standards you received on your visit here at The Redhurst Hotel. My staff always try to go that extra mile to make our customers feel welcomed.

I gratefully appreciate you taking your valuable time to write such a positive review for The Redhurst Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family stayed in a family room (2 adults and 2 kids). As we booked it last minute and my family speak no English, I had to make sure the room and hotel services met their (many) needs. Hotel staff made it extremely easy for me, being very accommodating with me and my family, letting us see the room before booking, and offering assistance when I was not there to help my family in very possible way.

I see some of the reviews about this hotel on TripAdvisor and I agree perhaps the rooms may not be to the taste of some people. However, I can say my family stayed in a well-kept, clean, warm and comfortable room – and perhaps the most important thing for us, the amazing service by its staff, which made it a ‘5 star’ stay.

The hotel bar and restaurant are nice, with a bit of character and warm so you can relax with a drink and good company. Again staff spared no time and energy to understand my family and make sure they had all their needed.

I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family and am sure other people will enjoy their stay here too.

Keep up the good work Redhurst hotel!

Tomas

Room Tip: You may want to ask staff to show you the room first so you are happy with location, layout, etc - they will be happy to do that.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and I appreciate you taking your valuable time to write such a positive review, all to often people only respond with negative comments. Your review gives me great encouragement, knowing that my staff always aim to go the extra mile to make guests feel as comfortable as possible in our establishment. We hope to provide a home from home feeling.

The redevelopment of the hotel is planned for the future with radical changes to both the inside and outside of the building. Hopefully, our star service will then match our star rating of our hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate my thanks for your positive feedback.