“Business Trip”

Ranked #53 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I arrived at this hotel at 6:45 in the evening, my room was not ready, as the bedding had only just arrived from the laundry, so not really a good start. Decided to eat while I waited, and had a pleasant meal, of which there was an awful lot! The bedroom was very clean as was the bathroom. I was up at 6:30 to get a shower and ready for the day, after running the water for several minutes, it was clear that there was no hot water. I went down to report it but was told I would have to wait for the reception to open at 7! When the receptionist arrived I was informed that "they" had been working on the boiler, and the timings were all out, hence no hot water and it would be possibly an hour before the water heated up. Don't they have hot water through the night!
I had breakfast which was freshly cooked, but I was the first in the room. I went back to my room and had a luke warm shower. The staff at this hotel were all very friendly. At £85 I found this a little expensive for what was on offer. The window of my room was onto a flat roof, so worried me a bit in leaving the window open on a very warm night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I apologise for the inconvenience caused regarding the linen and water situation. Both of these situations have been addressed. We were experiencing inconsistency with our laundry company and hence have changed our suppliers. Unfortunately, the hot water supply was a technical fault that required a heating engineer. Our rates are set by the overall demand for bedrooms in Glasgow.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments and should you return to The Redhurst Hotel, we would strive to re-install your faith in the hotel.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Aberdeen
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hotel to attend birthday party nearby, room was fine but power shower had lots of water but not hot, were given keys to another room so we could shower. We had a snack before going out for the evening, the leek and potato soup was a bit gritty, felt like the leeks had not been washed! Ceiling lights in room were tacky covered in plumbers chalk. Staff were very pleasant, but room was disappointing.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah P
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review.

Unfortunately, on your visit there was a problem with the shower mixer tap in Room 20 and although not ideal, I am pleased that my staff gave you the facility of another room. This problem has been fixed on Monday Morning by our maintenance department.

The redevelopment of the hotel is due in the not too distant future where I hope if you revisit the standard of the rooms will be of a 4-star establishment.

I would like to reiterate my thanks for posting your review.

Glasgow
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A large group of us attended the function hall. The staff were very friendly, although the lady at reception could have done a wee bit more professional about children mucking about than just banging her hand on the desk...

It looks a lot better inside than it does on the outside, so don't let it distract you!

Alcohol prices are about average from Glasgow, nice range of drinks available. The DJ peppered the music with some chatting that wasn't really necessary, but it didn't detract from the great song choices and decent sound volume (first half of the night you could hear everyone speaking!)

Only downside was they were about 30-45 minutes later than anticipated at opening the space and bringing out the buffet, but what can you do.

The bathroom in the main bar area only has two stalls, which is a bit of a squeeze to get in, and there is a slight up in the floor, so watch your step!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of our Eastwood Suite and I do hope that the negative points you raised did not spoil your visit to our function suite. Although criticism is not always easy to hear, we take these points constructively and strive to improve both quality of service and customer standards.

Once again, thank you for taking your time in posting this review.

scotland
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel is a little dated and the bedrooms are not chic, however the sheets and towels were very clean. Felt it was a. It overpriced at £74.00 for double room only. However the staff are absolutely superb. Mark on reception was a delight to deal with and has a friendly approachable manner he is an asset to the establishment. In the bar too the barmen were lovely and friendly and although we didn't eat the waitresses who were serving food were very smiley. Lots of large chains would do well to visit here and see real customer service in action.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Guest

As manager of The Redhurst Hotel, it gives me great pleasure to read your review regarding my staff.

The hotel belongs to the Manorview Group, which is a small independent multiple operator who realise the importance of training and customer service. We reward our staff with employee of the month and employee of the year which Mark was the recipient of for 2013.

The Redhurst Hotel has received a "tidy up" with the redevelopment of the entire premises to look forward to in the future.

Thank you for posting your recent review.

Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Let me start with the staff, everyone I dealt with was excellent, friendly without being fawning, just genuine nice people.
Our room,The Giffnock Suite, was large,clean and very comfortable, lovely bed and the bathroom, well it was bathroom with everything you needed, must also mention the sound insulation, it was amazing, our room was located above and near a function room, and as soon as you walked out the room, the noise was loud, but inside, total silence.
Food, the restaurant was very good, the food and service was better than many places.
Now I come to my only negative, wi-fi signal, even with a booster fitted to my netbook it was poor and kept dropping out, it was fine in the bar and other main areas, saying that it is only a little negative.

Room Tip: Ignore the whingers on trip advisor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review. Your comments are important to us and we appreciate you taking your valuable time in posting this review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Redhurst Hotel.

Isle of Man
Reviewed 18 April 2014

excellent parking, right at the front door. Easy to find, and convenient for trains to Glasgow, local shops and restaurants (I recommend the Wee Cocina just 10 minutes walk away). We had a good night's sleep and a refreshing shower, but didn't sample the breakfast as we had to be on the road early. Good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review. The Hotel is situated in the leafy suburbs of Giffnock, albeit 7 miles outside the City Centre, with good transport links closeby and fantastic local amenities. I am delighted that your stay was comfortable and we often receive positive comments regarding our "power showers".

We look forward to welcoming you back and you can possibly sample our traditional Scottish Fayre Breakfast.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just left and that was a party of four. Three soup starters and I had the Brie which we all enjoyed. Main courses we had where. Fish & chips. Went down with no problem. Scampi which was enjoyed. Macaroni cheese was dry and slightly tasteless. My main was steak pie which was nice and only thing I can mention is I should have requested a side order of gravy as it was a little dry. The main memory I'll leave with is the server Linda who said I reminded her of someone famous. John someone who is Scottish but moved to america. Eventually she said Barrowman. Oh we all laughed. She is an exceptional friendly woman.

• Stayed April 2014
Lesley S, Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and acknowledging your server Linda's high quality of customer service skills. Your comments regarding your meal have been passed to our Head Chef as your feedback is important to us in order for us to strive to improve our quality of products to the same standard as the service.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Busby Hotel
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,867 reviews

Been to Redhurst Hotel? Share your experiences!