“Great value”

Ranked #87 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Ardrossan, United Kingdom
“Great value”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We used this hotel as it was a good price and close to King Tut's where we were going to a gig later. We didn't really have any expectations and only wanted somewhere to put our heads down after a good night out but were pleasantly surprised. The room was spotless, all the usual stuff, tea/coffee etc. shower excellent and staff very friendly, breakfast was just ok but no complaints and would definitely go back

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bedford
Reviewed 29 March 2014

When I arrived I checked in fine, I reserved the room off the late room web site, that’s ‘Reserved’ so I pay when I arrive. I was a little un satisfied when the receptionist advised they tried to take the money off the card I reserved with and showed me 2 attempts. (As a regular uk tripper im more wised up to this kind of behaviour so reserved with a prepayment card, it’s a great tool to use, I would recommend using a pre-payment credit cards to book for anyone, because you can pay when you want, not when they want).

It was a bit of a walk to the room, plenty of stairs, to enter and exit (accept in an emergency) I had to go down a set of stairs, walk in and out the breakfast room then up the stairs to reception. I did not find this much of a problem but it does seem a bit ‘faulty towers’.

Room was tidy, clean, tv has full Freeview channels. The bed was pretty comfy, room was nice and warm and I had control of the heating, bathroom was small but excellent (looked very new).
One day I wanted a lay in, I was so pleased the cleaners did not knock and took notice of the do not disturb sign. Later that day I had a phone call in the room asking if I wanted room service but I declined. But a very nice touch I thought.

So yeah if im in the area, ill book again for the right price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Wanted a cheap hotel to stay one night only as I was attending the Commonwealth Games Volunteer Orientation. I will need to travel from London Area to Glasgow a few times in the next few months and the less dent in my pocket the better.
I got what I paid for. £40 got me a room at the back of the building overlooking a grotty courtyard but this meant my night was a quiet one. The room number 19, was small and for single occupancy but aside from no hair-dryer it had all I needed and the bed was a large single. No bath but an ambitious shower (one of those multi spray things that took up half the cubicle) Nowhere to put your toiletries or towel, juggling act with that one and only one towel - no hand or floor towel which was an issue as the cubicle doors were broken and wouldn't shut properly so water was on the floor when I got out the shower. Heat of water also fluctuated.
Had the Full English in the morning and it was passable but not brilliant. Machine for coffee and tea and the ladies serving were pleasant.
When I go away I ask for fresh milk for my room as I hate the little packs. I felt that this service was not available as the gentleman on the desk when I arrived was a bit terse. When I asked if there was a decent steak restaurant in the area he told me that Sauchihall Street was just around the corner and I should look there - not really helpful.
The centre of town is @ 20 minutes walk if you stroll along and Glasgow has interesting architecture so the walk is pleasant. There appeared to be a lot going on in local area pubs and clubs so if that's your thing you wont have to go far.
Lady on the desk in the morning was pleasant. Not sure that I would stay there again though.
Oh and no evidence of a lift and several sets of stairs were needed to access my room.

Room Tip: Room 19 for solo was Ok - dodgy shower cubicle though
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DebTen
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Good location!!!! Decent price considering the location and considering its proximity to the main city area (George square)... Next time when any of u plan ensure you book a hotel in Scotland with out breakfast... It's waste of money if you are checking in to this hotel.. So many options you get just round the corner that you will not need to wake up early morning between 7 to 9 am for breakfast.... Small room however considering you are a visitor hotel room size should and would not matter... By the time you are back in room you wld be so tired that it may not be worth to look at the size of room...

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed overnight. Staff is helpfull and friendly. Room was clean up and bed comfortable but too small room and not suit for me. Because I am tallest. Nice shower and new stuff. Great location for city and walk to Kelvingrove museum about 15mins. Recommend!!!! I haven't breakfast so missed time. I would come again if give a some biggest room for me. A perfectly cheap hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Faversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

What we are unhappy about with this hotel is very basic customer service which should be available regardless of the number of stars attributed to the hotel.

We stayed there for 2 nights in a family room (2 adults + 1 child).
The room was clean and spacious enough for a 3 star hotel.
Pillows may as well be non existent as they are so thin! Beds are very uncomfortable.
We were given 2 towels for 3 people and had to ask for more.

Breakfast was terrible. For the first morning, we had agreed in advance with the hotel that we would be early (6.30am when b'fast starts at 7am) as we needed to leave by 6.50am. We had pre-ordered porridge for 1 person and continental for 2 people.
We arrived on time, but they certainly were not: no cutlery available, no milk, no glasses for juice. We had to knock on the kitchen door to chase, to find that the "girl" was busying herself on her mobile phone rather than tending the 3 customers she had.
The porridge was terrible, so liquid it was disgusting!

2nd day breakfast was no better: we were within the "normal" time frame of 7 to 9am, tables were available but not cleared. We sat down, and the same girl as the day before made a half hearted attempt at clearing the table, leaving some plates and bread behind. We had to clear those onto the next table.
Twice did we have to ask for clean glasses, and breakfast was served before cutlery was available! More chasing required...

No offer for more toast, or asking the customer if all is OK.

When checking out, no attempt made at finding out if all was satisfactory (they are probably too afraid of the answers they would get!!!).

WE WILL NOT BE GOING BACK AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYBODY!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Delphine103

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here in June last year with two friends.

We needed somewhere for one night that was in a good location and cheap.

After reading many of the reviews on here we were really worried about what we were going to be met with.

Was pleasantly surprised when we open the door to our room. We were given a basement room so was expecting it to be dull but it was a big room that felt bright and airy. We had a family room which was a double and single bed. There was also a couple of leather chairs and a small table as well as a decent sized wardrobe and dressing table. Kettle & tea/coffee making facilities were provided.

The bathroom was quite small and had only a shower but this was no issue for us.

Free breakfast was included with they stay but we didn't bother with it.

They can provide limited parking for £5 per night but again this is something we didn't use.

Overall this was a nice friendly hotel. It is in an ideal for shops and bars! We didn't have any issues and would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends