“Terrific service, good food, great value”

Gamba Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 2,555 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Cross street: West Campbell Street
Transit: Buchanan St underground is a short walk. Queen St station and Glasgow Central station are both close by.
Description: The award-winning Gamba restaurant in Glasgow serves the best seafood available in its own unique style, and has established a formidable reputation for quality.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have been here twice and both times have eaten from the two course lunch menu, which represents excellent value.The service is attentive, with out being obsequious and the ambience of the restaurant smart and comfortable. We will certainly be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is by far the best Seafood restaurant in Glasgow. It’s a beautifully designed haven with every attention to detail taken care of.

On arrival my wife and I enjoyed a drink in the comfortable bar area. When ready and without being rushed we were shown to our table. The restaurant was relatively busy with a nice warm atmosphere, the background music was enjoyable and the staff were friendly, chatty and attentive, without being intrusive.

The menu was impressive and inviting, the food was exquisite, with each dish flawless and flavorsome. Neither of us are wine connoisseurs so the staff helped us pick a suitable bottle of wine to compliment our meal.

We will be returning to Gamba very soon, and look forward to trying some more dishes from the menu.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I took my parents here the other day, my first visit but their second. Fantastic food, service was very attentive but smooth; we didn't feel harried. We have the pre-theatre and the choice was great. Will definitely be back!.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I love the atmosphere. Decor hasn't changed much since my last visit ten years ago and it's still classic, refined, but not cold. The menu is very interesting and I loved my crab starter. Salmon main was OK and possibly overpriced. That said I was too full for dessert, but I managed some lovely tablet with my coffee!!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Wow what a place to eat...food was stunning...looked amazing a tasted ever better....will definitely be back again.... :D

1  Thank William H