“great food and a relaxed place for a celebration”

The Ubiquitous Chip
Ranked #63 of 2,555 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, Scottish, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 5 July 2014

great haggis starter and succulent venison to follow, having looked forward to this meal was impressed with decor and staff, overall meal superb, Wine well priced, must save up for next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,273)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had a wonderful early supper at The Chip this week, been on my radar for a long time as had had many recommendations to check it out, and I wasn't at all disappointed, The waiter was charming and helpful, and I was delighted to arrive to a specially printed menu catering for my nut allergies,how thoughtful, when I am used to restaurant telling me they 'cant take responsibility' yaddyyaddy ya... 10/10 of that! The food was faultless, with good variety on the menu, executed to very high standard and a wonderful wine selection.. ticked all of my boxes!

1  Thank LisaLush

+ Good food
+ Value for money on the restaurant lunch menu
+ Attentive, enthusiastic, knowledgeable staff
+ hidden away on a cobbled lane behind Byers Road
+ almost eccentric imaginative building
+ choice of bistro or restaurant dining
+ we got a table for a late Sunday lunch without a reservation

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband took me to Ubiquitous Chip for a special birthday lunch and it was a wonderful experience. The staff were attentive without being intrusive and the meal was delicious. We had a fabulous lunch and will be making this restaurant our venue for birthday celebrations in the future.

1  Thank BethMcB
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Located in Ashton Lane, The Chip was a delight. i had the Venison Haggis, Neeps and T'atties: worth the trip to Glasgow.. Service, decor and food superb. A great treat on a rainy evening.

1  Thank Pat H