“Gorgeous dining room, excellent food”

The Ubiquitous Chip
Ranked #67 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Holy moly this place is good. Booked Saturday night for around 9pm but despite being later on the restaurant was still lively and buzzing - we were really pleased to be in the courtyard dining room. The food was fantastic (I had venison haggis for starter, guinea fowl for main and an olive and hazelnut cake for dessert) and the wine delicious - pre-meal martinis were also fab. The service was warm, informative and attentive. Think I've found a new favourite restaurant in Glasgow. The only disappointment was the pub attached to the Chip which was not a great place for a pre-meal drink as we thought, but that's not to detract from the loveliness of the restaurant once you're in.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,252)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have eaten in the chip many times and as usual the food was excellent. Being graduation time it was extremely busy and full of very happy graduates and their families. Despite being so busy the staff were all very cheerful and service excellent.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We met some friends here for lunch on a Saturday, it was pretty warm so we could not leave the dog in the car. We knew the 'Chip' was dog friendly so headed down there.

We had a light lunch - I had the fish finger sandwich which was great, the fish fingers are more like battered home made coujons than frozen fish fingers. The waitresses were friendly and helpful and were quick to offer water for the dog.

It's a great place with genuine good food, a relaxed atmosphere and good value.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff were incredibly poor, arrogant, slow and disinterested.
Food was priced at Gourmet level but was no better than standard pub food - Avoid at all costs there are plenty of better, friendlier and more realistically priced alternatives in Glasgow.
This place is living off a reputation it does not deserve.

6  Thank Douglas M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I dined at Ubiquitous Chip, in Glasgow. So many various areas and rooms, from which to choose, the upstairs dining room where we sat, felt light and airy with a casual atmosphere, just perfect .As a California visitor, I was nervous I wouldn't find a delicious main course salad on the menu. I was so wrong. The venison arugula salad, with pears and cheese, couldn't have suited my desire and taste any better. It was beautifully presented on a large slab of slate! Did I say delicious?