“definitely recommend :)”

Ranked #674 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$57 - US$57
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“definitely recommend :)”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My mum and myself came here for an evening 3 course meal which we got on a groupon deal. Was my mums 4th time here but my first. It is not much to look at from the outside but is nice and cosy inside. Feels like someones living room that they have squeezed in some tables and chairs! But was nice. The staff were friendly and welcoming. My mum had fishcakes to start which she has had before and wasnt dissappointed. Just as good. I had a prawn cocktail but wish I had just paid the extra for the mussels as it was pretty average. Fresh but tasted like a shop bought basic sauce. For mains my mum had a goats cheese and caramalised onion tartlet which she loved and ate it all. I had the beef wellington. It was absolutely delicious. Roasting hot, the way you would have it at home, which i love, nothing worse than a lukewarm meal. The kitchen is so close so once its made it comes straight to you so there is no waiting about and time for it to go cold. The beef was beautifully cooked and had dauphinoise potatoes and roasted veg on the side.All delish, i ate every bit. Then for desserts my mum had bread and butter pudding which again she loved, ate it all and was nice and hot. I had a hot chocolate brownie and ice cream which was really good. Perfect amount of ice cream to brownie. Overall I would definietly recommend you try and go here. I have heard it is always busy and hard to get a table so best to book in advance. I dont think it seems like you could drop in and get a table as its always booked up, unless you are lucky! The only thing that I would say that was missing was there was no side plates which I felt would of been handy with my prawn cocktail starter as it was served in a tall bowl but no where to pop your cutlery on if you were having a rest of had to wipe your mouth etc, and there was no change of cutlery. The staff took the used cutlery away with the starter but didnt replace it for the main. Tiny little things that could be improved but would no way stop me from going back as the food was great.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Shell M

Glasgow
“Very very good”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Food was excellent as was pricing of drinks. Decor is basic and seats were not very comfortable but dont be deceived. The food here holds it own with most I have ever had. The serving staff were excellent, humorous and very professional.

Great food, value and service. What more do you need.

1 Thank JohnnyBoyMoore
“Anniversary lunch ”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a friends recommendation. Not much to look at from the outside but the standard of food was excellent, decent wines and not overpriced
Will be back soon

Stirling, Scotland Uk
“Tucked away off the beaten track”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Another voucher deal which proves to be excellent value, this restaurant isn't in the smartest area of the City, but the food was excellent, the waiting staff were excellent and the value for money was also excellent, and the benefit of being off the beaten track was no problem to park close to the venue.

1 Thank Barry D
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Thumbs up!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Went along today,Sunday, for our Groupn deal. Had some difficulty making a booking initially and on the verge of cancelling through Groupon, but glad I didn't. friendly welcome, efficient service, and the food served was to a very high standard. My husband was disappointed they had no lamb left, until he was presented with the lemon sole - 10/10 - served with mussels and prawns. Would definitely pay another visit to the Cabin, imagine it would be lovely and cosy in the evening and would look forward to trying out other delights on the menu.