“Value for money”

Chippy Doon The Lane
Reserve with OpenTable
Chippy Doon The Lane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Scottish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

2 of us went in and were shown to our table promptly and orders taken quickly had fish and chips and steak pie and chips best chips we have had in a long time decent sized fish the steak pie was a bit greasy but ok.
The coffee was filter very strong and not very hot I would go back good value for money.

• Visited June 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“a wee hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Got a deal from Itison £12 for fish and chips bread and butter also tea or coffee. Easy to book.

It is a wee hidden gem in a lane off from Buchanan Street.
there are stairs but also a lift (looks like an old Glasgow close )

The staff were very friendly greeted on arrival with a smile (great start).

The waitress explained what the voucher entailed also what we could pick from on the menu. We both picked the Haddock and chips also a portion of onion rings. Also a tea and coffee.

the Fish as it is cooked fresh it took a while to arrive but it was every minute of the wait Very large fish portion lots of chips (oh why did we order the onion rings).

The fish just broke up perfect also you will not get one this size from the local chippie Brilliant.

The onions rings were a bit of a disapointment as they tasted like ones you would buy from the local freezer dept of your shops and at over £2 not worth the money but plenty of them.

the tea was to my taste but they made the coffee very strong.

I think if we said anything it would have been changed but my friend did not want another one.

Not sure about the toilets but the ladies is full of mirrors weird not too keen on that.

I will certainly be back as really enjoyed my meal and great staff makes all the difference.

Visited June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“The best fish and chips I ever ate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

As the title goes, it is the best fish and chips I ever ate. To clarify, i am not a fish and chip person, hence did not really tried and ate a lot of fish and chips from different places. However, the fish at Chippy Doon The Lane is super and very fresh. It also taste super good with their homemade tar tar sauce. The fish is so nice that my brother and I went there to eat twice during our 4 night holiday in Glasgow.

• Visited June 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fab”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited here a few times now and always leave full and happy. My cod was fresh and my partner remarked his lemon sole was delicious.

Setting is relaxing and even the toilets are a worthwhile visit.

“Best chippy ever tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The best chippy ive ever tasted in my life. melt in ur mouth fish. We sat in the out bit which I think inside looked much nicer. We nearly never went in as entrance looks stinking! But when go upstairs it's gorgeous. Glad we did go in. Will be back can't wait...