“Charming place for afternoon tea”
Review of Willow Tea Rooms

Willow Tea Rooms
Ranked #424 of 2,694 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: Inspired by the works of Glasgow’s greatest artist and architect, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, you can enjoy tasty, traditional foods in a unique setting. At 97 Buchanan Street we have our White Dining Room and the Chinese Blue Room. Breakfast, morning coffee & loose leaf teas, lunch, light snacks, afternoon tea, cakes and scones - choice is yours. All served all day every day, no need to book. Looking for a range of gluten free, vegetarian or vegan options - then our Miss Cranston’s Free From Menu is for you. Our younger visitors have their own menu and their own afternoon tea.
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We had a charming visit to the Willow Tea Rooms. We enjoyed afternoon tea in the main room. While not a massive room, the high-backed chairs helped our party create our own intimate space and we felt like we were getting personal, quality service. The value of the afternoon tea service is wonderful, too. A must-do when you're in Glasgow!

Date of visit: May 2017
Sheila P, General Manager at Willow Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us at 97 Buchanan Street. We pride ourselves on our service and people really appreciate the fact that we still provide table service. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I hope you will visit us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We called in on Friday afternoon whilst on a short break in Glasgow. We hadn't pre booked but had no problem getting a table.

The tea room is tastefully decorated and very relaxed.

A great selection of cakes and other foods.

I had the afternoon tea and my husband has a toasted tuna sandwich. Both were lovely and could not be faulted.

The staff were warm and friendly and always smiling.

Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: May 2017

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to post this. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you will visit us again next time you are in Glasgow.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

briiliant place have afternoon tea the own blends are excellent and cakes wow fresh crem andsanwiches brilliant wil definatley go again highy recomenede

Date of visit: August 2016
Sheila P, General Manager at Willow Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for your kind review, I hope you will visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I visited here with family at the end of April and we all really enjoyed our afternoon tea. I was able to enquire about a booking online and received a personal email from one of their staff to arrange the booking which is a nice touch.
The afternoon tea was very tasty and the portion sizes were generous. The top tier cakes in particular were fantastic!
My only criticism would be that perhaps the chairs are a bit too big and bulky and I felt this affected the ease of manoeuvrability between the tables (I can only imagine how tricky this can be for the staff when carrying orders). I wouldn't be keen to visit if I struggled to get upstairs (both the restaurant and the toilets are up flights of stairs) and visiting with a pushchair seems out of the question. Otherwise, we enjoyed our visit to the tearooms and would visit again if in the area.

Date of visit: April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our Tea Room, I am glad you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea. Our chairs in the Chinese (Blue) room at 97 Buchanan Street are a different style and a bit smaller than the ones in the White Dining Room. Unfortunately in Buchanan Street due to the building layout we do not have lift access however our new Tea Room within the Watt Brothers store in Sauchiehall Street has full lift access directly into the Tea Room which is perfect for disabled access or for prams. The toilets in this location are also on the same floor. This Tea Room has a mix of the tall chairs or the smaller tub chairs. We hope you may visit us again soon at either location.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Lovely tea room with a splendid choice of foods for breakfast, brunch lunch etc. Very tastefully furnished and very comfortable. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: May 2017

Thank you for your review and taking the time to post this. We look forward to seeing you again