“A delightful delicious afternoon tea and lunch place”
Review of Willow Tea Rooms

Willow Tea Rooms
Ranked #400 of 2,618 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 26 August 2017

The ambience and food were lovely.My husband and I both had afternoon tea and as a tea snob, I was delighted. Teen son had lunch with a shake and dessert and was quite satisfied.Service was not exemplary as they seemed overwhelmed similarly to other venues the last week of August but it was not bad.Would make a trip to Glasgow just for another meal at Willow!

Sheila P, General Manager at Willow Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review, I am glad you enjoyed your visit especially our range of Tea. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious deserts))) very beautiful place with gift shop, nice interior design and large desert are served.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of our Tea Rooms.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We didn't have a reservation, but the wait was only about 10 minutes for an excellent table. Tea selection was fantastic and cakes were good (Victoria Sponge in particular). We did not have the full tea, but we saw plenty of other people enjoying theirs. Looked really good. Next time we will plan in advance and skip lunch before heading to the tea room for the full tea.

Thank you for your lovely review, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit and hope you enjoy your Afternoon Tea.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I'm really sorry but I'd heard so much about this place and I just didn't get why it's so highly rated. I think it's because it's traditional to want to come here but there are better places, better service and better afternoon tea to be had.
I thought the decor was average, it's now stuck between shops in Buchanan St and it's just too crammed and they cram people in. 6 round a table for 4 is not ideal.

The tea was good but the tableware and cutlery nothing to write home about.
Could be better

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your visit to Buchanan Street.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Having recently stayed in Glasgow City centre, I could not recommend the tea rooms more! The service is fantastic; the staff are extremely efficient, friendly and helpful and the food was delicious-so much so, we ate there three times! A very reasonable and enjoyable experience.

Thank you for your lovely review and for visiting us 3 times during your stay in Glasgow. I hope you will come and see us again the next time you are in Glasgow.