“Excellent food!!”

Price range: US$10 - US$31
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: The original La Bonne Auberge first opened its doors on Bastille Day in 1975, and it's had something to celebrate ever since. Glasgow's first French-Mediterranean brasserie and Bar, this smart restaurant with its aproned waiters and blackboard menus now has an AA Rosette to confirm what the locals have known all along. Set in the fashionable Theatreland district, this is a feast of Riviera cuisine.
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visited the restaurant for lunch with my wife, great location, great decor and very good service. Lunch was a set menu and priced accordingly. £16.95 for a two course lunch, the food was well presented and wry well prepared and cooked. The staff were not over attentive but well versed on the menu. My only slight criticism was the service was a little slow, other than that I would definitely visit again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Richard M
LBA M, Manager at La Bonne Auberge, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for leaving a feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed the food. I am sorry that the service was not a speedy as you would have liked it to be. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Glasgow
“Great service and great food although a bit pricey.”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Been to La Bonne Auberge a few times and the rotating menu is always pleasing although I did fancy a juicy burger but this was off it this time.

As always, the service is top notch in this French restaurant, with staff being able to accommodate us even although our party size doubled to eight. Although you are pretty much always guaranteed a top meal in this place, the prices are I feel, on the higher end of the average dine out restaurant price in this area of town. However, some may say that the the prices are worth it (around £17 for a main - although a pre-theatre is available) for the service and quality of food, etc.

• Visited May 2014
LBA M, Manager at La Bonne Auberge, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for leaving a feedback. I am glad that you liked the food and the service. We still have the burger on our lounge menu. We look forward welcoming you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
“Strange ambience, and expensive for OK food”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I ate dinner here alone the night I arrived at the Holiday Inn Hotel, and lunch with colleagues the day after, from the same menu.
The first impression of what is billed is an up-market French brasserie was that of a pub or roadhouse - open to the lobby, a long bar down half of one side, bare wooden floors and tables. On reflection, this is what a real French brasserie used to look like, but not a venue for fine dining or a special night out.
There are some items on the dinner menu to remind you that you are in Scotland, a haggis starter, steaks, salmon, but the nearest thing geographically to the claim of Mediterranean cuisine is a choucroute. I had the haggis and then loin of venison (potatoes and additional vegetables extra) and a bottle of undistinguished red wine; with water and a forgettable pudding I ended up with a bill for a few pence under £70, which would have been very steep even in London. Service was not very good, especially as I was dining early and the restaurant was by no means full, and I felt patronised as a woman dining alone.
For a quick lunch with colleagues the next day I had only the pressed seafood terrine starter which was fine but the service was terrible at a busy time of day, and the noise levels were very high.
The food is good and well presented, but nothing exceptional, and with the strange ambience the prices are hardly justified even inside an hotel.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Humanitarian-Loggie
LBA M, Manager at La Bonne Auberge, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for leaving a feedback. It is very important to us in order for us to improve our service and food.
I am sorry to hear that your most recent visit was not up to your expectations.
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to impress you. If you would like to discuss your visit further please email me at restaurantmgr@higlasgow.com
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Every Time We Go We Love It”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate in here on Satuarday afternoon, again is was fantastic, look I can tell you what we ate but It does not matter,as its all great food, with professional people serving and it shows! I have to say I love this place and I will keep going back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank George W
LBA M, Manager at La Bonne Auberge, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for a lovely feedback. Happy you enjoyed the food and the service. Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

What can I say we arrived for the two courses for 15.00 including a glass of wine and were shown a menu that said 16.95 for two courses plus 12.5% service charge, so we wnet up and asked about the deal which we had menyioned at the time of booking to be told that yes this was the menu but to pick from the 16.95 menus selection - this was all very unappetising stuff, so some of us opted for other dishes. Mine was a burger which was described as being on a bed of fresh crispy lettuce with pepperscorn mayonaise, what turned up was a burger in a bun with wilted lettuce and a tomato slice, nothing else on the plat just that and that was I think £13.95, chips arived later in a bowl from a very nervous and obviously new waiter. I felt sorry for him he was very nervous. I asked the other dinners afterwards what they thought and they all said we wouldnt go back. My sister was very annoyed because she parked her car in the car park opposie after reading on the website that there was a discount if you go the ticket stamped. When she asked the waitress she went and checked and told my sister she had parked in the wrong car park. My sister did not want to make a fuss so paid £9.50 on top of her meal which had another £3.00 suppliment for duck. On telephoneing the hotel later she was told she had parked in the correct car park and that they would refund her car parking fees. Dissapointed, disorganised and very unappetising menu - overpriced, we were the only one in ... nect time we will try th Merchant City more atmosphere and better menu selections and better prices.

• Visited April 2014
LBA M, Manager at La Bonne Auberge, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I am sorry to hear that your most recent visit was not up to your expectations. There has clearly been a misunderstanding from our site in regards to the car parking. I am sorry to hear that you could not find anything to your liking on your prix fixe menu, and that the burger was not to your liking. I will forward your comments on to the kitchen.