“Piccolo Mondo Perfecto”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Anderston
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Went to Picollo Mondo Glasgow last night (Sat 28 April 2012) on a date after reading that they were awarded "Best Restaurant in Scotland" title at the recent Scottish Entertainment Guide Awards.
What a Great Choice, as soon as we walked in there a Fantastic Buzz in the air. Thankfully i had booked in advance as the place was full. We were shown to our seats by the owner Lio and I just knew I had made the right choice.
The Restaurant is Stunning, Nice and Romantic, so far, so good.
The Menu is Extensive as is the Wine List.
We opted for the 3 Course, Great Value at £27:50/ head.
We couldn't decide on the wine so instead, decided on a selection of Rose and Whites instead. I'm so glad we did.
I found the Staff to be Very Friendly and Extremely Knowledgeable, especially on matching Wine to Food.
My Date, she loved the whole attention to detail and finer touches which other restaurants sadly lack.
The Food on the other hand was among the Best I've ever tasted. We had Potted Prawns & Tiger Prawns to start, followed by Seafood Rissotto & Fish Stew ( Boulliabasse) and for dessert, 2 x portions of the most delicious Sticky Toffee Pudding we have ever tasted.
By the time the bill arrived we were the last ones to leave. 3 of the Quickest and Niciest hours I've had in a long time. Can't wait to return.
Worthy winners of their recent award. Congratulations

7  Thank MickeyWilliams
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Visted with 3 colleagues. Had been recommended and we weren,t disappointed. Lovely food, service excellent and very pleasent surroundings. But the wine was expensive with a house wine costing £22 per botttle but it was good. Perhaps consider one of the special deals like the celebration dinner which represents very good value at £27.50 pp.
Central location and a restaurant with style ,character and good food.

2  Thank Ibizababe123
Reviewed 12 April 2012

As always I have been many times and the service is always great. Both for very large groups, they even sent a 3 course dinner and can of diet bru back hot with me for a member of staff who had been held up a work once and couldnt meet the lunch booking, and for smaller parties. The food is lovely, always plenty and the staff are very pleasant. I will continue to go back time after time.

1  Thank Mandy H
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We went to the Piccolo Mondo to celebrate a family birthday. My parents have always loved this restaurant and still do but my husband and I were not impressed, again. All of the staff were very nice and personable but the service was let down by us having to ask for the main course to be served after a long wait after the starters. Then 1 out of 5 of the mains was wrong and we were therefore eating at different times. Mine and my husbands food was pretty mediocre (microwave standard), dried out chicken and pork and over salted food. We ended up feeling rushed because we were supposed to vacate our table within 2 hours even though we were seated 1hr 20mins before they served the main course! Myself and my husband definitely wont be back.

2  Thank Gillian H
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and parents came here on the Easter Friday. It has been popular amongst members of my family for a while but this was my first trip here and i was not dissapointed. We ate from the variety menu and this represents great value at £15 for three courses. Amongst the items we ordered were pate, starter trio (onion rings, mushrooms, mozzarela), pork escalopes in breadcrumbs with pasta & cheesecake for dessert. I had the pate to start and it was one of the nicest pates i have ever tasted. The pork escalopes were also very tender and made for a tasty main course. The staff and service were spot on with one of the waiters in particular having entertaining banter. I would also say that Piccolo Mondo has a nice traditional feel to it. A pleasant change from the sterile minimalist decor a lot of modern restaraunts use. I have heard some people complain that this place is 'a bit out of the way' but in my opinion this is a ridiculous statement as the restaraunt is about two minutes walk from Glasgow central Station. I would definately recommend a visit here.