“History on our doorstep”

Glasgow Central Tours
Ranked #1 of 92 Tours in Glasgow
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great tour, interesting and informative, delivered by Paul whose passion for the station and its history was obvious from the moment we started off. His local knowledge and his stories, which were amusing, thought provoking and at times tragic, took us back to the early days of this fine station and through the years to the present. As someone who has passed through this station many times throughout the past 50 years, it was a real learning experience for me and credit is due to Paul for the great effort which he has put in to bringing us the tours and for his vision and plans for the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,656)
All reviews
in 68 reviews
"steam train"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having completed a number of tours abroad when visiting various cities, I decided it was time to do a tour at home and see another side to the city closest to my heart, and the Glasgow Central Station Tour fitted the bill.

This was a tour that gives a wee bit of everything, history of the station, history of some people associated with the building, a wee bit about your tour guide and a wee bit about future plans, Tour of the Roof and Museum of a Victorian age platform including Steam Engine.

I thoroughly enjoyed the style of the tour, relaxed, a bit of banter and the obvious raw passion from the guide.

I attended this with my father who is retired a number of years now, like myself he thoroughly enjoyed his time on the tour.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a terrific tour for tourist and locals. A real tour of an amazing building by a real person not an actor. I can't wait to see all the future developments. Thanks Paul.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This tour had been well recommended and I endorse those. You see a world underneath the obvious activity and hear some interesting stories. The guide, Paul, is a fanatic and there is much humour. He knows the place inside out and has ideas to develop a museum element to the disused platforms that few know about. There is funding in place and things should be even more exciting in a year's time, with a steam locomotive etc. There are notions of additional tours. I would have enjoyed hearing about how the station operates, but as the show biz people say, "leave 'em wanting more"..