“VERY GOOD HOTEL”

Ranked #31 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
“VERY GOOD HOTEL”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Onslow Guest house is a very good hotel!The hotel room was very spacious & clean and have nice Breakfast &Category a lot of free drinks,the wifi Wireless network signal is fast!specifically the owners Tony and worker John they are good man,very friendly and humor!I like stay here,anyway i feel this hotel Cost performance is very good!i think i will come back here again !

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank HU J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fife
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed there for one night as I was meant to working at the Emirates Arena. There is very little accomodation in this part of town, so I decided that I would try the Onslow rather than stay in the city centre or west end.
At £25 B&B it is brilliant value, how they do it for that price I don't know. My single room was not huge but big enough for a single bed, wardrobe, coffee table and chest of drawers. No dance floor or pool but I survived.
I did have to share a bathroom/shower room but honestly it was SPOTLESS. It is OCD clean, hardly a fault. I have stayed in much more expensive places that were not as clean as this. If he lived closer I would have him round to clean my place. The owner was very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, a mine of practical information on the area. The area is quiet not on a main road, parking looked easy. Breakfast selection was better than other places I have stayed in Glasgow, no anaemic toast and all the food prepared to order.
If you are looking for excellent value and easy access to the city centre, you could do a lot worse than here. It is the first hotel I have stayed iin where I think that they undercharge.

Room Tip: If you want ensuite book early.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Allister1960
hong kong
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Drove 400 kms for a footie match and they claimed there was a flood and no rooms available . They had overbooked and I had to find last min alter accom at a massive premium . So while this place might be a cheap option , it's not a reliable one . Avoid like plague . I provided credit card details over the phone so have to check now that I wasn't charged as well . Caution needed on this one . A Italian couple travelling to the same game were also turned away despite booking with him directly and not proceeding with bookings .com if paid cash on delivery . Too messy

Room Tip: Always check trip advisor . I did but still got messed around
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank paulburke

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Althou the room was very small I paid £25 what more could you ask for ... He greeted me in an ok manor and was stern but polite ... He offered me a hot chocolate free of charge and sorted my room out when it was too hot, he was quick to take the money from me and photo copied my bank card which I was furious about but all in all you can't complain for £25

• Stayed December 2012
tony2glasgow, Manager at Onslow Guest House, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Customer checked in very pleased with everything only problem was we need photo Id but the customer said not got anything except my bank card you can photo copy that so we did and Said sorry company policy and it says clearly we take payment on arrival but the the customer wanted to pay when check out we said we take payment on arrival eventually the payment was paid.
Reviewed 29 November 2012

First of all the creepy little bald man at reception just set the tone, on top of that he stunk, couldn't get away from him when all I wanted was my room and to rest. When arriving found the room passable but like a sauna, noisy place, constant banging from other rooms and felt like a doss house.

To cap it all the breakfast is no later than 8....utter joke and in my 3 days didnt bother checking out the food.

Awful experience, didnt get bedding changed once let alone towels.

Anywhere is better than this dump

• Stayed October 2012
The customer booked single room for 3 nights John show him the room was not happy he wanted a ensuite room told him you booked a single room shared bathroom after a 10 mins discussion he took the room he did not come down for breakfast he said he does not eat until 11am we said that's fine the cleaners tried cleaning his room he never left until 2pm that time is to late if you want your room cleaned you have to check out by 11am he was told by John John was not stinking the other man was he came drunk every night he was making noise we had to tell him to please keep the noise down when he checked out the room was destroyed I just can't believe people this man could not even walk straight for the 3 days he stayed here.
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Was booked in to stay, tonight 8/10/2012,,,,,,drove all the way up from Ayrshire. Was told the hotel had two burst pipes, and I was booked into another guest house, which was further away from where I wanted to be the next morning......Viewed the other guest house, and decided I was NOT going to stay.
Manager said he had left a message about the burst pipes, (on my land line) but when I drove back home, no message was left.....I know it is not his fault about unforeseen circumstances, but could he remember that it is also not the CUSTOMERS fault ...what a waste of time and money....

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank vimto1
Zaragoza
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The worst ever seen in my life around the world. Impolite staff, when for a mistake of the room booked from my company was only a individual room, they behave like we were criminals, they shout on my girl, who is very sensitive and I asked them when I arrived for double bedroom. I decided to leave having 2 nights more booked and they didnt let us get out to leave our luggage in the car without pay for double for one night. I'd stay there if they wont shout to my girl, they are animals. I dont know how to behave with guest. If you dont have any problem could be ok, but If you have any minimum problem.....
They only care about the money,and they got it, double pay for indiviual room and two night booked without stayed there. Also, they didnt print properly the booking paper and the payment was made for the company, I got crazy to get them the details that they must had. They sell like a hotel and its a .... hostel, the didnt change the sheet and was really dirty. I dont recomend if you want to have a quiet and calm stay, the walls are made of paper, you can hear every fart of your neighbour. Go to easyhotel or cheaper ones that are much more better than this.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jorge135
Customer arrived company booked a single room which we showed him very happy next day John caught a girl in his room we said sorry it is a single room for 1 person if 2 people are staying you have got to book a double room which will cost extra he said the company won't book a double room we said if 2 people are staying it will be extra cost he said he is leaving we said you will have to pay extra £25 for the girl who stayed for the night he said he needs to go to the bank we said leave the your language here bank machine is 5 mins walk he and the girl starting shouting in a different language then after we said we will phone the police he paid write away then he left cant believe this man single room was booked why not asked for a double room for 2 instead of sneaking the girl in a single room he got caught them he writes negative review shame.