“average but over priced! ”

Hotel ibis budget Glasgow
Ranked #71 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
“average but over priced! ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I paid £70 6 weeks in advance for ONE night stay for my friend & I to avoid taxi fares home from a night out in town, the room was night, quiet & we'll equipped but I coming home at 4 in the morning we where met by loud foreigners outside the hotel who drew their eyes off us as we walked in as if they owned the place, the receptionist didn't explain how the lift works when wanting to go above the 6th floor ! (Swipe ur card) overall a good stay but for a Saturday night I think £70 is a steep price for one night stay especially in a budget hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jakub M, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thanks for your review.

I believe the price whcih you paid for your saturday night was one of the cheapest in Glasgow.

I am glad you had a good stay with us.

See you on your next trip hopefully!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for night with partner as we wanted a night out in glasgow without paying a taxi to Ayr afterwards, £30 for a clean room and bed, good nights sleep, only issue was a few undesireables hanging around outside but great value for money will defo be back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jakub M, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Assistnat General Manager
val thorens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed mid-week in late January and paid £ 25: an excellent price for a clean, warm room with TV and own bathroom/WC just 15 mins walk from the centre. Some people might feel uncomfortable walking along the dark riverside path to get to the hotel, especially if the week-ends are as riotous as others have described

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thanks for your review.

I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Robert Ionescu
Duty Manager
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Amazingly got this for £27 a night stayed 2, by myself but had 1 double and a bunk, clean and warm flat screen telly with not a bad selection of channels. Staff pleasant on arrival , clean and warm shower and ensuite. Handy over bed light switches as it was budget didn't expect much but very pleasantly surprised. Definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Robert Ionescu
Duty Manager
uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Ok, wasn't expecting much, but haven't worked for three months prior to Jan so being careful with my money. Plenty to do all the usual chain restaurants and cinema close by, had to move rooms mid week as they had to do maintenance on the room I was given (don't know what it looked ok to me), no problems until I went back to my car this morning to find a smashed window and all my dirty washing and a suitcase stolen (I live in hotels at the moment) site security informed me it happened Wednesday night and they were brilliant, had to get to work and they offered (and did) to secure the window with card and tape. They got a good CCTV picture of the scum bag that stole my dirty pants. So top tip is don't park in the multi-storey car park but park out front or the local druggies (rehab place nearby) will use your property for there next fix.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank mrn1968
Jakub M, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am really sorry to hear of what has happened to your car. Please let me know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Assistant General manager
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

My husband and I had a terrible stay on 14th October 2013 however, had already booked and paid for a night again approximately a month later in November 2013.
Well ... what a difference a few months makes!

We had a fabulous stay the second time around - much quieter room with our well behaved border collie, no unruly guests to ruin the night, the room as usual, was very clean and had everything you need. And yes people ... it is basic! But at the very, very, very cheap prices, what do you expect?

The staff were excellent, friendly and very accommodating. And unlike the previous reviewer, well dressed!

We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning this time and again, although very basic, there was a good selection of pastries, ceral, fruit, tea/coffee ... just what we needed.

We are planning on booking again and feel that the extra mile all the staff went to to make our stay more enjoyable and comfortable, was well worth the effort.

Thank you to Jakub and his staff and we'll see you in a few months when we next come to Glasgow.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your fabulous comments and compliments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Please contact me directly should this be the case.

Assistant General Manager