“friendly, clean and comfortable”

Hotel ibis budget Glasgow
Ranked #74 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I am a bit surprised at some of the reviews on here! I have just returned from a 2 night stay here and was more than happy with the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and comfort of the room. This is by far one of the most value for money hotel chains around- £33 for one night a bargain! Yes it's basic and no frills but what do you expect???
I do agree that the area outside seems a little unsafe but this is not helped by the building work on the next building and eerie multi storey car park below- not exactly the hotels fault???
Would return and recommend

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank carrie l
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Robert Ionescu
Duty Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2014

When we stayed at the Ibis Budget,Glasgow we provisionally booked for the following week but unfortunately could not get there on the Monday.

When we arrived on the Tuesday to book our rooms the guy at reception took advantage of my poor eyesight and charged my card for the provisonal Monday night that we did not stay.

When I asked why he had charged me for the night we did not stay he replied I could have sold the rooms so I was at fault, I replied it was a provisional booking and that i would have called with my card details if it would have been a definite stay.

This just fell on deaf ears and the payment had been taken (disgusting and bad management)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jakub M, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

Your booking was available to cancel by 2pm on the day. Have you contacted us and cancelled your booking before 2pm on the day of arrival we would not charge you for it.

I believe it was communicated at the time, that there would be a charge for a no show as we were holding these rooms for you.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Got there reception was on 6th floor rickty rackty lifts when i was trying to book i couldnt understand receptionist on the phone breakfast is rediculous rooms were a mess floor was coming away from wall dirty mattresses had people partying all night in the room across from us there were youths with room door open offering drink i wish i could get my money back for these 2 nights from hell wasted wont be staying here ever again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I will investigating this matter.

Robert Ionescu
Duty Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Booked one night at this place. After returning from secc we decided not to stay and make the 2 hour trip home. Very small room. The mattress on the bed was about 3" thick on top of a piece of plywood. Not encouraging for a good nights sleeps especially when my partner has back problems. The shower was in a cupboard and the toilet in another cupboard. The sink was in the main sleeping area. Never stayed anywhere where the sink is in the main sleeping area. We had asked for extra pillows but they had ran out!!!!! When we checked out they obviously weren't interested what the problem was. Would never recommend this hotel or stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jakub M, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter.

Our rooms are very basic so we can keep the costs low and pass on fantastic rates for our guests.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Overall alright, but no kettle,no mug,no shampoo in room,hot water available at restaurant, shampoo selling at counter but mug or cup may be not there, not ask from reception so we out for a coffee but feel bad in the room without some hot drink during winter.
Bedding on top bunk bed found some hairs.The bed below is alright but not very clean on the top bunk bed.
Looking to extend for 2 adults and 2 children age 4 and 7 after my stay after my husband join me but was told to book 2 rooms for one family.Mean family of 4 have to sleep separately. We move to other hotel after that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Wh L
Jakub M, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I have visited this hotel numerous time in the past and never had any problems with cleanliness of it until now , room floor hadn't even been hoovered, shower very dirty and dirty marks over bed sheets, we had 2 rooms the other was slightly better so decided to bunk in there !!! Won't be back to this dirty hotel again

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gazza9997

Reviewed 6 February 2014

This hotel was filthy, hairs in the sink, cigarette butts under the mattress!! I will never use this hotel again not will I recommend this hotel to anyone. The reception staff were so rude! Utterly appalling.

• Stayed: February 2014