Hotel ibis budget Glasgow
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$157
Ambassador Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$59
Agoda.com
Fraser Suites Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$137
US$127
TripAdvisor
1,813 results
All reviewsretail parkodeon cinemacity centrewhat it says on the tinrooms are basichotel is situatedkey cardcontinental breakfastmin walkshort stayvisiting glasgowetapharvesterbingoquaysecchydro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've travelled here before and I must say for a budget hotel it is probably one of the best I've been at. The rooms are very fresh, largely in part to the light and inspiring white and lime green colour scheme. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the shower is very powerful (be careful, if you use a shower mat at home I would recommend requesting one for the shower here - I don't but I can understand if some people are worried about slipping when in the shower.)
I was travelling on my own whilst in Glasgow for Commonwealth Games training.
The staff were very friendly. I didn't have much contact with them other than checking in and leaving as I didn't really need to.
The location isn't ideal nor easy to find, luckily my phone had enough battery left to power google maps and endure a two mile walk from Glasgow Queen Street, but I don't mind the walk. If you're not a poor student, probably easier to get a taxi.
I didn't have the £5 breakfast this time - I did last stay and it looked very good again this time - and I would recommend it as there is no fridge to store stuff (like milk for my weetabix - which I had to eat with warm milk unfortunately) but I didn't have much time to sit and eat as much as I desired from the £5 breakfast unfortunately.
I'd recommend this hotel if you are looking for something on a budget and are prepared to compromise on location for the price. It is located in a business/retail park of sorts (Cinema, Casino, Burger King, Bowling etc) - which didn't cause me any noise disturbance- and I would recommend if you are prepared to walk a bit to the town centre etc. However, if not, I'd recommend paying more for somewhere more central as taxi/petrol and time would cost just as much as going to a more central, less basic hotel. Can't fault the Ibis much for what it is though, effectively does what it says on the tin and I'll continue to go when I need to.

Room Tip: There is not really much of a choice available but it is better to request a room on the left hand side of the corridor as you walk onto each floor (no idea if it is north, east, south or west). I've stayed once on the left (better outlook facing into the business/retail park) and once (latterly) on the right - where I then fully discovered the unsavoury location (above a five storey car park with a bleak look out onto the top of the car park and an small electricity grid) - note: I didn't hear noise from the car park, but the top level was dilapidated and in a poor state of repair.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

just spent a really comfortable night our second visit to this hotel everything you need after going to a concert room was very clean had a great nights sleep and was really impressed with the buffet breakfast and the staff very pleasent will certainly use this hotel dont understand how anyone can give bad reviews.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilikema

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We are just back from staying at the ibis budget... We have stayed here many times before. It's is especially ideal if you are going to the SECC or Hydro as both are just a short walk away. The location is perfectly close to the city centre, the rooms are admittedly basic but spotlessly clean, the staff are efficient and friendly, the prices are unbeatable in Glasgow ... Just a few reasons why we always return :-)

If you are not bothered about the luxuries of more expensive hotels and just want 'somewhere to put your head down at night, then a wash in the morning' the ibis budget is unbeatable :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank MariaClaire1

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Pros: Good value in Glasgow. A hip economy hotel. Parking was free
Cons: Rooms were small as expected. Hotel was located above a parking lot and hard to find. Not much restaurant choice other than fast food and those tied to the casino.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

First time visiting Glasgow. Upon exiting the station we passed all the hotel chains (Holiday inn etc). They looked great! The IBIS however did not!
Once white paint was grey, building mouldy & dated.

You enter the hotel reception through the car park lift and get greeted by staff in dirty old uniforms. The room looked okay at first glance, and given we were only staying for a night, we purposely booked something cheap.

The top bunk had dried dripping stains (probably vomit) and the bed was unmade. There were a few blood spatters on the floor by the window and the toilet was situated in what I can only describe as a cuboard.

Plus points- the staff handed me a second towel upon request and when the room next door was blasting music they were asked to turn it down streight away.

We were sightseeing during the day and went out in the evening. We're were literally only in the room to sleep. If someone had offered my £50 to sleep in the bed an extra hour I would have had to decline.

Need a massive over haul.

Ps. I am always happy to give praise where it's due. But this hotel was atrocious

• Stayed: June 2014
Jakub M, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.