“Clean but cramped room” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Clean but cramped room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We had booked a treble room but were disappointed that the third bed was a bunk bed above the twin beds. The rooms were small and contained a small shower pod and small separate wc.our room was overlooking a busy road. The room was air conditioned but noisy due to the road. The reception is on the 6th floor while the entrance is at the back and adjoining the quay shopping complex. The big plus was the helpfulness of the staff.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brian108_11
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've travelled here before and I must say for a budget hotel it is probably one of the best I've been at. The rooms are very fresh, largely in part to the light and inspiring white and lime green colour scheme. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the shower is very powerful (be careful, if you use a shower mat at home I would recommend requesting one for the shower here - I don't but I can understand if some people are worried about slipping when in the shower.)
I was travelling on my own whilst in Glasgow for Commonwealth Games training.
The staff were very friendly. I didn't have much contact with them other than checking in and leaving as I didn't really need to.
The location isn't ideal nor easy to find, luckily my phone had enough battery left to power google maps and endure a two mile walk from Glasgow Queen Street, but I don't mind the walk. If you're not a poor student, probably easier to get a taxi.
I didn't have the £5 breakfast this time - I did last stay and it looked very good again this time - and I would recommend it as there is no fridge to store stuff (like milk for my weetabix - which I had to eat with warm milk unfortunately) but I didn't have much time to sit and eat as much as I desired from the £5 breakfast unfortunately.
I'd recommend this hotel if you are looking for something on a budget and are prepared to compromise on location for the price. It is located in a business/retail park of sorts (Cinema, Casino, Burger King, Bowling etc) - which didn't cause me any noise disturbance- and I would recommend if you are prepared to walk a bit to the town centre etc. However, if not, I'd recommend paying more for somewhere more central as taxi/petrol and time would cost just as much as going to a more central, less basic hotel. Can't fault the Ibis much for what it is though, effectively does what it says on the tin and I'll continue to go when I need to.

Room Tip: There is not really much of a choice available but it is better to request a room on the left hand s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

just spent a really comfortable night our second visit to this hotel everything you need after going to a concert room was very clean had a great nights sleep and was really impressed with the buffet breakfast and the staff very pleasent will certainly use this hotel dont understand how anyone can give bad reviews.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilikema

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We are just back from staying at the ibis budget... We have stayed here many times before. It's is especially ideal if you are going to the SECC or Hydro as both are just a short walk away. The location is perfectly close to the city centre, the rooms are admittedly basic but spotlessly clean, the staff are efficient and friendly, the prices are unbeatable in Glasgow ... Just a few reasons why we always return :-)

If you are not bothered about the luxuries of more expensive hotels and just want 'somewhere to put your head down at night, then a wash in the morning' the ibis budget is unbeatable :-)

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank MariaClaire1

NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Pros: Good value in Glasgow. A hip economy hotel. Parking was free
Cons: Rooms were small as expected. Hotel was located above a parking lot and hard to find. Not much restaurant choice other than fast food and those tied to the casino.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family