“Never stay at this hotel”

Hotel ibis budget Glasgow
Ranked #75 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
“Never stay at this hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I booked two rooms with double beds for my family. However the confirmation e-mail revealed that the check in date was mistaken and for one day later than I asked for. I contacted with ibis budget hotel Glasgow reception through phone and e-mail immediately. As a result hotel reception confirmed that the date for reservation was changed as I requested. During that change process nobody informed me about a price change. However when we arrived to the hotel the reception told me that the reservation date was not changed and asked me to pay double price for the rooms (Instead of 50.6 GBP per room they asked me to pay 90 GBP per room). Since it was late evening, I had to little kids and my parents with me and I could not afford that much money I only took one rooms instead of two rooms. In addition to that after our holiday when I checked my bank record I realised that I was charged 15% of the original booking price during the reservation period (15% of 101.20 GBP = 15.18 GBP) by the agent. The hotel should have taken that amount into consideration; they even did not mention it. As a result I was put in a very difficult position during my holiday and they showed no good intention to help me resolve the issue and overcharged me in two respects (one with double price and second with disregarding the money I was already charged by the booker agency in advance).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Just to warn anyone looking to book ibis budget glasgow.
Had a horrible night stay there, went to spend a night with my family cleaning and hyegine standards were awful.
Had to wake up 2 in the morning to find my bed full of bed bugs.
Really will not recommend anyone to stay there.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations.

I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact our hotel.

SaarLouis, Germany
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

You get what you Pay. Cannot expect luxury for 45£. But you get a
Cheap and clean hotel in Glasgow.
Good breakfast for 5£.
It's an 10-15min walk to Glasgow Central station.
Surrounded by a cinema, bowling and a couple of restaurants.

Stayed there twice.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Luciefer83
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights. The room was tiny with very, very basic facilities. The location of it is definitely a massive plus point and although it was basic, it was clean and safe. Would only be staying here again as a means to an end. There are better cheap hotels in Glasgow.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

As with all ibis budgets, you get what you expect - basic and budget overnight accommodation. Staff were really friendly and helpful on check in. We were staying in Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games and the chap behind the counter was really helpful pointing us in the direction of the trains and showing us on the map. Parking is free which is a huge bonus. Room was clean and comfortable - just what I would expect. Located next to lots of restaurants and about a 10 min walk into the city centre. We were pleased with our stay here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.