“Ideal location for SECC and Hydro”

Hotel ibis budget Glasgow
Ranked #73 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Dundee, Scotland, UK
“Ideal location for SECC and Hydro”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we were visiting the SECC Hydro. It was around a 15 minute walk (which was really straight forward) and parking was free which was one of the reasons I chose it.

The hotel was very clean and the rooms are secure as you need a room key before the lift will take you to the upper floors. My biggest bug bear was that the shower has a see through door which opens right into the bedroom so there is very little privacy.

Our twin room was extremely basic, no drawer space and 5 coat hangers hanging from a pole on the wall (certainly wouldn't call it a wardrobe). No tea/coffee making facilities although you could purchase various food and drinks from reception.

We didn't eat in this hotel although they did a buffet breakfast for £4.95 (I think it was continental only). There are various other restaurants/bars within the retail park, some of which are extremely good quality. Personally I would recommend Frankys & Bennies for dinner and Harvester for Breakfast.

I would probably choose not to stay at this hotel again as it was a little bit too basic for me personally however if you are looking for a cheap, clean hotel just to lay your head for the night this place is ideal.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Diane D
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget Hotel Glasgow. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments.

Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I booked two rooms with double beds for my family. However the confirmation e-mail revealed that the check in date was mistaken and for one day later than I asked for. I contacted with ibis budget hotel Glasgow reception through phone and e-mail immediately. As a result hotel reception confirmed that the date for reservation was changed as I requested. During that change process nobody informed me about a price change. However when we arrived to the hotel the reception told me that the reservation date was not changed and asked me to pay double price for the rooms (Instead of 50.6 GBP per room they asked me to pay 90 GBP per room). Since it was late evening, I had to little kids and my parents with me and I could not afford that much money I only took one rooms instead of two rooms. In addition to that after our holiday when I checked my bank record I realised that I was charged 15% of the original booking price during the reservation period (15% of 101.20 GBP = 15.18 GBP) by the agent. The hotel should have taken that amount into consideration; they even did not mention it. As a result I was put in a very difficult position during my holiday and they showed no good intention to help me resolve the issue and overcharged me in two respects (one with double price and second with disregarding the money I was already charged by the booker agency in advance).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Just to warn anyone looking to book ibis budget glasgow.
Had a horrible night stay there, went to spend a night with my family cleaning and hyegine standards were awful.
Had to wake up 2 in the morning to find my bed full of bed bugs.
Really will not recommend anyone to stay there.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations.

I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact our hotel.

SaarLouis, Germany
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

You get what you Pay. Cannot expect luxury for 45£. But you get a
Cheap and clean hotel in Glasgow.
Good breakfast for 5£.
It's an 10-15min walk to Glasgow Central station.
Surrounded by a cinema, bowling and a couple of restaurants.

Stayed there twice.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Luciefer83
Robert I, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.