“Not bad but disappointed with staff”

Hotel ibis budget Glasgow
Ranked #74 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Westhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2010

1. Large vomit stain on carpet from previous occupant.

2. Strange brown stain on duvet cover beside shower.

3. Otherwise dirty room.

4. Hard bed.

5. Draughty room.

6. Staff struggling at breakfast.

Apart from that lot, the price is good and the location is pretty good. Was supposed to be staying there the following week, but couldn't face it for another 4 nights. The place needs a lick of paint and a good clean.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank MikeySkiBoy
KishorTahiliani, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
I am sorry on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback
with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Please feel free to
contact me 0141 4298013 to discuss this further.

Allenheads
Reviewed 28 November 2010

OK for a cheap hotel. Clean and bright. Basic room, but all working OK. Breakfast for £3.75 was very good value. Main problem is that it is in Glasgow - but I guess that can't be helped really??

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
KishorTahiliani, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 2 December 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay
and look forward to seeing you again

Kind Regards

Birmingham
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Having read the reviews my husband & I panicked thinking 'what have we done booking there' however, we have no complaints other than the bed being too hard! Our room was immaculate, the shower was great... Yes very basic but what do you expect for such low low prices. Admittedly I would like to stay long but for a night it was absolutely fine. I would guess a lot of the reviews of noise come from weekend stays, we stayed last night (Thursday) and no noise probs! Ideal for a one night stay. The Casino on the complex is brilliant too. I would recommend it as a cheap basic hotel.

• Stayed November 2010
KishorTahiliani, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 22 November 2010
and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2010

This hotel is situated at a great location for the centre of Glasgow. Also very clean and friendly staff. Parking at night can be a problem but just go into the multi-story which is also free. Plenty of eating places very near by. I have stayed in the ETAPS around the world and they are great value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
KishorTahiliani, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 19 November 2010
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Etap Hotel Glasgow, I look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Belwo are two emails. The first I sent to the manager. The second I sent to the customer relations. Neither gave me a reply.

Email1:
I am writing to complain about my recent stay at your Etap hotel in Glasgow. I have been given this email address by a staff member at the reception as he seemed unable to handle my complaint.

My sister in law and I stayed in the hotel in October 2010.

We came back to our room at 12:30am and for a long period of time all we could hear was loud music, banging, people running up and down the landing and nocking on our door and running away.

Unable to sleep we went to reception to complain.

Two security guards followed us to our door, before letting us in our room they nocked on the door next to ours to tell the people inside to be quiet. I was fuious that our identity was not kept a secret. As a result we experienced a lot of abuse over the next few hours incuding shouting and banging on our door. We were too afraid to leave our room to go back to the reception. Why was the situation not monitored? I would have expected the security to return after 20 minutes to make shure the noise hadn’t kicked off again – I own holiday accommodation and would have expected my security to stay on the floor for the next hour.

The next morning after both of us had spent the night terrified and having no sleep we went to reception.

I was told the security should have written a report yet it could not be found the next morning.

The staff at the reception told us that this has never happened in the hotel before, however the weekend before I found out that my sister in law’s husband had stayed there and had a very similar experience.

I told the staff that if this had occurd at my holiday accommodation I would be so embarrased and I’d refund the client in full immediately.

Email 2:
I stayed in the Glasgow etap in Oct. I made a complaint to a member of staff at the reception. He said he didn’t know how to resolve the complaint and then he told me to make a complaint by email. I sent an email to the Glasgow etap 2 weeks ago and have still not had a reply. I have also called and asked to speak to the manager several times about this matter but the manager never seems to be available to take my call.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Wee-muileach
KishorTahiliani, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay with us. I’ll look into this matter for you! If you have 5-mins, please give me a call 0n 0141 429 8013 to discuss.