“Fun with friends”

Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: Our Glasgow City Centre restaurant has been open since November 2006, and has become one of the most popular restaurants in Glasgow. We attribute this success to our freshly prepared tapas & friendly staff who are always happy to explain our menu and suggest their favourites.We do not compromise on the quality of our raw materials and offer a wide variety of vegetarian, meat and seafood dishes. These are great to share with groups of friends or family, and are a perfect combination when accompanied with one of our Spanish wines, speciality cocktails or our authentic sangria.
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Fun with friends”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Booked for 6 of us, thru 5pm. Very good tapas for the price, tasty sangria!. Efficient, friendly service and fulfilled my request for a table near a window. Were given a complimentary liqueur at the end of our meal (don't know what it was, but delish!..thx!) Pleasant surroundings, with a Spanish vibe.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Too much food”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Went for the daily menu & bottle of red vino. Excellent food. Restaurant was a bit noisy due to a big group but loved it.

Visited July 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Warm and welcoming, great food, sincere service.”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Since arriving in Glasgow three weeks ago I have had the opportunity to dine at several restaurants across the west end and the centre. I have encountered a variety approached to service some of which were welcoming others more mechanical. My most recent occasion for dinner was at Café Andaluz in the west end. I was joined by three other friends with long standing experience in the service industry and whose standards would be as exacting as mine. We had reserved a table the previous day for their outside area given the radiance of the weather. We were initially greeted by a very friendly waiter who was only too happy to accommodate our needs; at the time we were waiting on the final member of our group. We sat at a smaller table (still comfortable for four people) but as soon as a larger table had finished and left, he cleared it for us immediately and invited us to sit there for the sake of increased comfort.

The general decor outside of the venue was clean and well presented with no light bulbs broken or problem areas i.e.wet patches. The walls of the building were clean and the tables were wiped down properly. The menus were not tattered but leather bound with newly replaced menus outlining a variety of a la carte and set menu options. Ambience was created by fairy lights shining above and light music which enabled our party to focus on conversation.

Upon being seated we were offered any drinks at which point we needed a little longer to make a decision. Our waiter returned within 5 minutes to take our drinks order which consisted of sangria and a beer. I was considering going for San Miguel but the waiter executed a brilliant upsell highlighting a new beer which had recently come on tap. On ordering our drinks he suggested if we would like in bread and olives while we waited for our friend, of course we all agreed.

As our friend arrived he proceeded to offer her a drink before giving us five minutes to finalise our order. Given the nature of the venue as a tapas bar, it was difficult to upsell on sides but he did suggest a bottle of wine for the meal as the sangria had been finished. He did not make a particular recommendation however, which could have initiated a further upsell.

The food was delicious, I had Chorizo with Black pudding in a tomato sauce, tortilla espana and calamares. Everything was outstanding, even the olives were delicious although the bread could have been ever so slight more moist or at least warmed. The waiter was also chatty and not afraid to entertain us with his own experiences of dining in the west end, we enjoyed his company; maintaining distance but also being close at hand if necessary.

Our plates were cleared within 5 minutes of finishing our mains and we were offered desserts. We took time contemplating what to chose but eventually my friend and I decided upon a cheese board and the others a dessert each. I had been curious to try some of the liqueurs available and mentioned this to the waiter, he was very informative and new the product list inside out. In the end, I could decide what I wanted and so decided to stick with the cheese board. At this, he saw an opportunity to go the extra mile for the customer and offered us their own liqueur on the house.

The cheese board was delightful, a good mix of cheese (soft, hard and blue) and all spanish. There were a variety of crackers and oatcakes to choose from and a selection of fresh grapes and apples. As is traditional in spain, the cheese board was also served with Quince Jelly - a serious must for any aficionado of blue cheese. The liqueur was delicious with hints of vanilla and caramel and the perfect sweet finish to the meal.

We waited a little too long before being asked for our bill having finished our plates, and the desserts were cleared when the bill was brought to the table. However, we were busy enjoying our conversation and the remainder of the wine and it is a possibility that the waiter recognised this and chose to wait a little longer.

Overall a very positive experience with excellent food, a great welcome, a very good selection of wines and spirits suitable for the venue in a pleasant setting. I would recommend this restaurant to any friend.

If the company continually maintains this level of food service, executes targeted upselling measures, provides a warm welcome and a pleasant goodbye; I anticipate that this venue will continue to be successful and maintain its current level of custom and profit for many years to come.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, will be back!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Came in as part of a group for graduation celebrations. Loved the food and the graduation menu was excellent value. The 3 dishes filled me up but I still somehow managed to squeeze in the huge creme brûlée for dessert! Tried the Cava Sangria which was a lovely, refreshing drink for summer. Service was pretty good, perhaps a bit chaotic at times as we were part of a larger group but the amazing food made up for any service glitches. Will be back!

Visited July 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Made my daughter's graduation day!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

My daughter had chosen to go to this restaurant for her graduation meal and I have to say she made an excellent choice! The food was excellent, I had the calamari rings which were crispy and light and seasoned to perfection, pork cheeks which just melted in the mouth and lamb chops. We also ordered extra side dishes and I honestly can say all were just cooked to perfection. Dessert was the caramel cheesecake which was creamy without being too "heavy". The staff were warm,friendly and very attentive despite being very busy. The general atmosphere in the restaurant had a real positive vibe to it and we could have stayed there all evening! As we were celebrating such a special occasion we ordered a two bottles of cava, a pitcher of sangria and a few cocktails over the course of the evening ( I should mention we received a complimentary glass of cava on arrival) so I was expecting quite a large bill but was very pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend this restaurant for the food, atmosphere and value for money! Thank you Cafe Andaluz for making this such a wonderful meal- I will be back on my next trip to Glasgow!