“Friendly staff and tasty food, stranger or regular, always made welcome! Great value for money on the food!”
Review of The KirkHouse

The KirkHouse
Ranked #1,208 of 2,474 Restaurants in Glasgow
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

There are newer reviews for The KirkHouse

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have eaten here loads of times but the pub underwent a makeover and they included a lot more tables and chairs destroyed the atmosphere and lost the quality of there food.so unfortunately I won't be eating here again !!

1  Thank John C
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The good lady and I first had lunch in The Kirkhouse a year or two ago and enjoyed it sufficiently to have visited two or three times since.

Heading out of town of a midweek afternoon we decided that we'd reacquaint ourselves with the place for a quick bite to eat. There's a fair amount of variety in the menu, with mention of specials for two and three courses.

The Mrs went for chicken goujons for starter with chicken tikka masala for her main - I forgot to order the side of chips though (oops!) and I plumped for the chicken pakora and the stuffed chicken supreme.

The order was placed at the bar, and with two soft drinks each came in at around £25 so you are talking a wee bit more in price than what perhaps you'd pay at a Wetherspoons or equivalent.

The starters were quickly brought out but unfortunately we'd had no cutlery laid out so our waitress scuttled away quickly to resolve that, full of apologies. We did the swappy thing but both of us felt our original choices were best. The wife's goujons numbered about half a dozen with some salad whilst my pakora was thick, crunchy and tasty, although the missus did admittedly discover a bit of bone in her piece of pakora.

The mains stole the show however. The good lady's tikka masala was a plate covering mass of naan bread, rice and a goblet of numerous pieces of chicken breast in sauce which she just fell short of finishing. Good job I forgot the chips after all eh...

For mine, I had enjoyed the chicken supreme before and it was as good as I remembered with a chicken breast stuffed with haggis, accompanied by a smattering of peas and a hefty dollop of mashed tatties covered in a creamy peppercorn and mushroom sauce. The business!

Time prevented us from perusing the sweet menu but we both rolled out suitably stuffed to the extent that dinner just wasn't required.

The pub advertises various evening social activities like karaoke or tarot readings and the obligatory pub quiz. Not quite sure how eating would be when any of these are on, but we thoroughly enjoy the meals in a relaxing atmosphere during a midweek afternoon and will be back for more soon enough.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This pub is on Shettleston Road Opposite Tesco. Food is great and prices are very reasonable. Most dishes are around £7 ish and they also do a specials board. Loads of chips and salad with most dishes too.
The pub has just been done up and tables and chairs very comfortable. Staff very friendly and kid friendly too during the day.
Serves food till 7pm!
Pub has a car par to the right of the pub and a beer garden.
Great value for money, I visit a couple of times a month.
Bikers welcome too!!!!!!!
Make sure you pop in the next time you pass! :)

2  Thank Daly_Fawn
Reviewed 20 November 2012

enjoyable evening for drink after work. friendly atmoshphere and descent priced drinks. mixed age group. karaoke and disco on the saturday we were in.