“fantatastikos :Margaret and Tom's Greek nite out”
Review of Zorba Mediterranean Taverna - CLOSED

Zorba Mediterranean Taverna
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“fantatastikos :Margaret and Tom's Greek nite out”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had been talking for ages about visiting this restaurant and the idea became a reality.
We arrived and went in about 4ish we were the only ones in. Demtrius introduced himself and were given bread and different cheese's to start.
Then meatballs with a lovely sauce followed by kaftiki lamb of the bone and meat and rice with chips,followed by a coffee
All in all a lovely night great company with Demtrius chatting about life in general
We will be back soon I hope

• Visited November 2013

doucomehereoften
“Great Value For Money”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Since moving to this area I had wanted to try this restaurant for ages but hadn't got round to it. Decided to pop in late on Saturday afternoon. Decor is much nicer inside than it looks outside which was a nice surprise. Only one other couple in at the time. Service was friendly and fast and the food was lovely. I had meatballs to start then chicken slouvaki while my partner had moussaka. Wasn't quite as good as we experienced in Crete but still of a high standard. Excellent value for money at 6.95. Will defo be back.

• Visited October 2013
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Disgusted!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I visited this 'so-called' restaurant recently, the evening before we flew to Corfu on holiday, and on family recommendation, and were disgusted with the food and the service. The only Greek speaker in the place was the owner who 'plonked' himself down beside us and began to berate the present government - although we both had to agree with most of what he had to say!

With regard to the food - my wife ordered Pastitsio which arrived with the topping burnt and the macaroni content stuck together in one great lump. I ordered the Stifado and, while the meat was tender enough and the sauce tasty, there was only one onion on my plate. We had a bottle of Retsina - grossly over-priced - and I rounded off with a Kataifi and Ice Cream - they couldn't make a mess of that as both items on the plate were produced out-with their control!

The bill for the meal was just in excess of £50.00

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank chiadfhear
Kindersley
“Great food,friendly service.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

To maximize your dining experience,be prepared to relax and enjoy the wonderful authentic Mediteranean food and atmosphere at Zorba's.
I visited once midweek and once on a weekend,and found excellent service and quality of food,even at busy times.
The owners are quite friendly and jovial,so if you're up for an entrtaining chat this is the place!
I also noticed several regular diners
during both my visits.
I would definitely return to this excellent restaurant when in Glasgow.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank greenlady
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Strange Experience”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I love Greek food and went to Zorba's on the recommendation of a friend. I have looked at the reviews here too and have to say I was expecting a positive pre-theatre experience. However, the reality was something else.

I am not sure if he's the owner but the wee man serving us was very forward. I mean forward in a manner that was not entirely comfortable and he kept making strange comments that we smiled at out of courtesy but then I started to wonder if he was being insulting. He was so keen to put on a show that neither of us ended up with what we ordered and he still kept coming with bizarre one liners. He would invade your personal space and interrupted the meal - I certainly never felt relaxed. I also wondered if the routine was his effort to get the table back quickly as it was as fast as we could leave and I would not go back.

However, the food was okay. I have read some people here saying it is better than average and I can only assume they caught it at a better time that us - the food was really just okay.

Not a comfortable night at all.

• Visited April 2013