“Worth a try.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Worth a try.”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Likes: Decor; modern cafe/restaurant, unfussy practical. Service; efficient, pleasant welcoming, coffee - good.
Reservations: Food; inconsistant quality of ingredients, variations from menu description, expensive for out-of-town location. Drink: Outragous cost of 'house' wine and beer.
Dislikes: Small size of portions on lunch and pre-theatre menus.
If you beware the cost of drinks, choose carefully and make sure what's on your plate is what you ordered, and are prepared to pay a little more than you expect, then you can have an enjoyable meal.

• Visited June 2011

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor Poor Service”
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We have been several times. It seems totally hit or miss whether you get good service or not, Last time we ordered bottled water and it arrived straight away, this time a jug of water took three attempts before it arrived. Last time a medium steak arrived with blood dripping out of it, this time a medium steak was cooked through and through without a hint of pink left. Staff seem a mixture of arrogant and ignorant, the arrogant are older, dont wear black and dont interact with customers, ignorant are younger, wear black, are keen but seem to struggle to identify which table number is which. I'm afraid this was the last time I will spoil a night paying this lot money

4 Thank gpwestern
Singapore
“Incredible”
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Increible feeling of dismay at the previous reviews however more importantly an incredibly brilliant restaurant. After frequenting Andiamo in Giffnock and Hamilton for many years I thought it about time I tried the one in Bearsden. After my wonderful experiences in Giffnock and Bearsden I went into this one with very high expectations. I was not disappointed. Not only is the decor absolutely stunning, the food and level of service was absolutely fantastic as well with the waiting staff particularly attentive to our culinary requirements. I cant quite understand the previous reviews to be totally honest. Andiamo is head and shoulders above other Italian restaurants in Glasgow in my opinion and myself and family recommend it to all our friends. Not only is Milngavie a fantastic place to go for a romantic meal it is also superb to bring the family and is a great spot for entertaining clients. I give this restaurant nothing but 10/10 and we have already booked to go back next week!

Justin.

Glasgow
“Andiamos Milngavie”
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I am not sure if I can totally agree with the peeps that slag off this restaraunt, however if that's how they feel fair enough. I hve been a few times and the only complaint I have is that the portions are far too small. Other I have spoken to agree. The place is lovely and I can't say I have had any rude waiting staff. I did turn up unannounced not long after it opened and I did feel a little unwelcome, despite plenty of vacent tables. It's okay value for money and maybe if you consider the quality of place itself, then it's probably decent value. I have paid more in worse places than Andiamos. I would agree that the place is a little dark - a common moan of mine when I forget my reading specs!

clydebank
“WOW!!!!!!”
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I've been reading the reviews on Andiamo in Milngavie and I think I must be eating in a different restaurant! I've been there a few times now and I must say i've NEVER had a bad meal or bad service. Infact quite the opposite the staff couldn't be more helpful and the lunchtime menu is AMAZING!!!! Great value for money will return AGAIN and AGAIN.

1 Thank honestClydebank