“Mixed feelings” 4 of 5 bubbles

Andiamo Giffnock
Ranked #364 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Mixed feelings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was with a party of 7 and 2 children for lunch.
I chose from the lunch menu. For starter I had small shrimps on a bruschetta which was a bit disappointing - the description on the menu led me to expect something a bit more exciting.
Others who had the minestrone soup said it was good. Also the fried courgette was enjoyed by others in the party.
For main course I had pasta with salmon and peas which was delicious. I could have done without the waiter's comment when I requested Parmesan - if I want Parmesan on salmon I should have it without comment.
The warm chocolate and fudge cake for sheer bliss.

Most of the staff were friendly and attentive so all in all not a bad lunch and I would visit again.

• Visited June 2014
Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Giffnock, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi,

Firstly, may I thank you for your recent visit to Andiamo Giffnock and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Whilst I am delighted that the food met with your overall satisfaction I am obviously concerned to note that there was a minor issue with one of the serving staff. Obviously, if a diner wishes parmesan on a dish then that is something that should never be questioned. My apologies.

I look forward to your next visit and hope that the quality of food and service proves to delight.

Warmest thanks,

Giancarlo.

GLASGOW
“More cafe rather than restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Food fine, staff always around but somehow missing my table - in all a rather average Italian meal served by staff who think they are giving better service than they are.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Giffnock, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi Frank,

Thank you for reviewing Andiamo Giffnock on TripAdvisor.

I am, quite naturally, concerned regarding your comments about service and will speak with my staff directly.

Please be assured we always strive to ensure our customers receive friendly, yet professional, service visiting any Andiamo restaurant and I hope that you will have more satisfaction on your next visit soon.

Kind regards,

Giancarlo.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Promising - but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

A much delayed return visit to this medium size cafe/restaurant on Glasgow's south side. An airy modern dining room, small tables, with massive bases which get in the way of your feet. Attentive staff. The main menu is comprehensive, with many interesting Italian dishes. The lunch/pre-dinner menus appear to be good value although the small portions and lack of choice can make it preferable to choose from the well cooked and generous dishes on the main menu. House wine by the glass proves to be quite expensive, £4.15p for 175ml and almost £6 for 250ml. Buy the bottle and take home what you don't drink! A small glass of mineral water is £1.75p

1 Thank De-novo
Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Giffnock, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for you review of Andiamo Giffnock.

We appreciate all feedback and will take your comments on board.
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Never fails to please for me.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Sorry to see some negative reviews here. I have been a regular here for many years. Andiamo is one of my favorite South side Restaurants. I can't remember having a bad experience here.
Sometimes a bit noisy on a Saturday night but that's just down to the hustle and bustle of the clientele. Good selection of Pizza and pasta dishes on offer with an open kitchen and pizza oven. Lunchtime and pre theatre offers always good value.
Staff always polite and attentive. No problem if you just want to drop in for a snack or coffee.
keep up the good work. I always think its good to see the manager/owner responding to comments as they do value your opinion.

Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Giffnock, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review, you are right, we certainly do care about our guests and their experiences.

We always feel there is room for improvement and feedback both positive and constructive helps us to attend to the needs and wants of our dedicated guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Even better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have been here many times but our visit last night was the best. Prompt, friendly service, nothing too much trouble. Food was superb, and displayed with flair, atmosphere was buzzing. It is always very good here but last night was truly excellent in every way.

Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Giffnock, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We hope we can continue to tick all the boxes for you in the future.