“Lovely dinner”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2013

There were 4 older male colleagues going for dinner straight from work. I had never been to Thai Lemon Grass before but one of the group had, and was a definite fan. I had seen the restaurant from the outside before and wondered, but never ventured in. It's an old building and not the most inviting frontage, however, once inside there is a lovely ambiance.

For me a good dinning experience consists of good surroundings, good food, and good service. This is of course assuming the good company of your fellow diners. As I've said, the surroundings and ambiance within the restaurant were excellent, and although I've not eaten a vast amount of Thai food, I did really enjoy the food here. I had a chicken starter dish followed by a fish main course and both were beautiful.

So that just leaves the service? I for one really appreciate good service and I've had a couple of let downs in recent times. Not so here. The service was top notch, quiet, unobtrusive, helpful (handy tip on how eat the starter which was said very discretely). Also, they did what I really like, which is once they take your order, they never ask you again what you're having. When the courses arrived at the table they were placed at the correct places, no staff having to ask who was having what. Very well organised, and very professionally done. In other words, well done to the staff and a big thank from me as it was very much appreciated.

I look forward to returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I've been visiting the Lemongrass restaurants in Glasgow and Edinburgh for several years now and have sampled much of their menu and have never once been disappointed. The consistency of their food served in either location is a credit to both kitchens who produce identical plates 40 miles apart.

The service is always warm and friendly and although I wouldn't recommend their takeaway option (as Thai food does not travel well in a plastic box), I would heartily recommend both of these restaurants to anyone wanting top quality, beautifully presented fresh Thai food.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

The coconut red curry pork was fantastic.
The shrimp and green mango salad was very heavy on the sauce and spices. I was expecting a lighter California style, but it was tasty

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Had the pre theatre dinner late this afternoon and it was only ok I'm afraid. Nice enough setting, service prompt and friendly but I've eaten at so many nicer thai places.

Three courses for £13.50 is average value, the salad starter average and same goes for the red curry fish. Don't like to put a poor review on about an independent, friendly restaurant but I'm certain Glasgow must have much better thai restaurants than this. Manchester has four that I can think of in no time........

Reviewed 8 May 2013

As the Thai Fountain was our personal favourite Thai restaurant, when it closed down earlier this year, we needed a new restaurant to fill its shoes. we were not let down. The menu had a wide variety for any preferences and tastes, even for non Thai food lovers. The most impressive aspect of the restaurant however was the ambiance and atmosphere; the owners have perfectly balanced contemporary design with traditional Thai architectural infusions, such as the ceiling fans- make sure to take a look. Furthermore the restaurant benefits from its very central location, sitting right behind the Buchanan Galleries and royal concert halls. If you are in the area and are seeking a good meal at a reasonable price, this is a must visit (I have put the outdoor seating rating at terribl only because the restaurant does not have any, however this is not a bad thing and should be taken out of the overall score.