“Pre-theatre dinner”

Thai Lemon Grass
Ranked #223 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$41 - US$51
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Pre-theatre dinner”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We dropped by for dinner and weren't disappointed. Having had a lot of rich food and some very spicy food in the last week I was looking for something wholesome and tasty, refreshing without being too spicy, and not too rich.

Well, we both opted for the pineapple rice with chicken, prawns and cashew nuts. It was delightful, just perfect for what we wanted.

Food and service was excellent. Only minor complaint was the state of the menus. My menu was distinctly sticky with food. It does beg the question, how or why did they get so sticky in the first place, but given it was plastic coated, it wouldn't take too much to give them a wipe down.

Visited March 2014

• Hebrew first
ayrshire scotland
“Well remembered”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Last time in Glasgow I seent his place and promised myself to try on return So glad I did Great value three course lunch menu Beautifully presented starter and main courses decorated with carrot in flower shapes and other little touches Beef curry excellent heavy with coconut and chilli but according to hubby grilled chicken not so flavoursome but pleasant Only disappointment was last course of ice cream which although creamy and smooth was served on a little glass plate on its own which looked quite sad after the attention to detail on the other plates A little something to add colour would have made all the difference Happy to recommend and return

• Visited March 2014
“Very disappointing! ”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Went here on saturday night with good memories of a previous visit for lunch a few years ago only to be very disappointed. We ordered the thai sampler to start, neither of us were impressed, food was bland and sauces didnt taste good at all. My partner had a prawn dish for a main with it consisting of only five prawns. At the price we were paying I would expect a few more than that. My duck dish was ok but all in all I felt we could have made something just as nice at home! At £70 for 2 starters and 2 mains with 1 rice and noodles and a btl of red, we were expecting food of a higher standard. Needless to say we will not be returning. Hopefully we will find a decent thai restaurant in glasgow as we really love thai food . The restaurant and service were ok it was just the food that was a let down.

1 Thank Caroline C
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“This is what I imagine Thailand to be like”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I've never been to Thailand but this is how I imagine it to be. The food is always great and the service very good. I've noticed some poor reviews on here about this restaurant but have never experienced anything but a great time in this establishment.

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit - amlost brilliant”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Chose Thai Lemon Grass for for dinner because I had been there a few years ago and really enjoyed the food.

We pre-booked and were given a very nice and comfortable booth. 4 of us in total visited (2 couples) 2 had the monkfish red curry, 1 the chicken red curry and 1 a duck dish. Everyone really enjoyed the starters which were excellent and the same applied to the mains except for the chicken red curry: some of the chicken seemed poor quality with chewy bits which meant my wife did not eat much of it.

We will for sure visit again and order the duck / seafood dishes without hesitation as these were really very nice, however would unfortunately avoid the Chicken.

Another note is that after the mains, you need to specifically ask for a sweet or coffee etc, I did not put this down to poor service but more that the staff (who were very friendly) did not want to rush us.

• Visited February 2014