“Beef Pie”

Church on the Hill
Ranked #702 of 2,616 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: THINK YOU KNOW CHURCH ON THE HILL? THINK AGAIN. Once in a while, even the greatest of classics need to be restored, reworked and reimagined. Welcome to the new and improved Church on the Hill! The same iconic concept, with a refreshed look and reinvigorated food and beverage offering, aligned with the ever growing and diversifying Southside. A community bar, run by locals, for locals, intent on celebrating the Southside!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited your restaurant a few weeks ago, I had the Beef Pie and my partner had the Chicken and Ham pie, both were excellent. It was a sunny day and you were very busy but the level of service was not diminished by this. Our waitress Francesca was fantastic and recommended some excellent beers to us. 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have had a pint or two here a few times and enjoyed it. Good selection of beers, outdoor seating and friendly & quick service.

Decided to have an early dinner with my wife today. I ordered a burger (hand cut chips included) which cost £11. Thought that was quite steep for a burger but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately it was pretty average. It was the sort of burger you'd pay £5 for at a festival or pub and eat it just to feel full - but paying £11 for this was pretty tragic. Flavorless, dry patty. The chips were also colossal slabs of oily potato - not much crunch about them as the ratio of edge to potato was all out of whack.

I tried my wife's 'roasted + glazed' cauliflower. Properly roasted cauliflower goes golden brown and nutty all over. This tasted like it had been steamed, then slightly charred on a grill and covered in some BBQ sauce. The quinoa that came with it was pretty nice, but that was the only real highlight.

I'll be back for a pint but I won't eat here again, which is a real shame.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great venue - a renovated church right next to Queens Park with a suntrap seating area outside. Really fantastic service from Jasmine and a wide selection of cocktails and drinks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My friends and I had a great night if not a little over priced but the thing that ruined the night was the aggression and mannerless stewards whom I thought were going to attack my friend at one point, b careful guys if you cross a steward at shutting time , very intimidating behaviour towards females. I also witnessed him kicking ladies toilet door . Management really need to b watchful of their aggressive staff.

4  Thank Katr70
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for a family fathers day dinner, loved the atmospher of the place and the dog firendly vibe.The food was superb and we were'nt waiting long for our mains. Exept when we ordered desserts there was a good while to wait, this wasnt to much off a hassel because of your lovely server Francesca was really accomidating and entertaining. We really enjoyed our night! thank you Francesca!