“5th visit”

Ranked #202 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Erskine, United Kingdom
“5th visit”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Me and my girlfriend go here from time to time. it's always exciting trying something a bit different such as Crocodile, Kangaroo, Alpaca etc! It's always fun to mix up the different meats with the sauces and spices to create new tastes! We love it! It's a bit expensive but you will appreciate that the unusual meats cost a little bit more than usual.

Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited June 2014
Hi There,
Thanks for taking the time to review the restaurant. We really appreciate it. We're delighted that you enjoyed the experience again. We appreciate your comments about the price and agree that, exotic meats in unlimited quantities, still represents good value for money. Stay tuned to the website / facebook page though as we're about to add a third option to the upcoming new menu next week.
Thanks again.
kind regards,

• Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“No question. Best restaurant in Glasgow.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Kublai Kahn. It's something else. Basically, you decide whether you want rice or noodles, you decide what vegetables you want, you choose your meat (including exotic meats such as crocodile, alpaca, wild boar, baby octopus, mixed game, kangaroo, ostrich, zebra - which is my favourite - and lama and venison) and make up your own sauce using the ingredients. Either follow one of the suggested sauce recipes, or experiment with the ingredients yourself. The choice of meats on offer at the barbeque is the widest I've ever seen, and you can pretty much make any sort of sauce you like with the variety of ingredients. This is the most fun dining experience ever. It's social. It's experimental. It's fascinating. Plus, if you don't like your meal, you only really have yourself to blame (since you make it yourself). It's so much fun trying the recipes the restaurant provides for you, but it's even better to experiment with different meats and ingredients. Where else could you have crocodile curry, kangaroo korma, or wild west wild boar? It's your choice what you have, and trust me, you won't be disappointed. Oh, and as for drinks? The 4-pint tower pitcher of beer just seals the deal! I strongly recommend zebra with noodles in a sort of Mongolian/Mediterranean sauce (try tomato, white wine, a little chilli, some garlic oil, a dash of lemon water, oregano, black pepper, salt, garlic, mixed herbs and a little ginger) with mushrooms, peppers, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. Awesome!

2 Thank paulcuthbert86
Dear Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant. We're delighted that you enjoyed the experience. Thanks for providing so much info in your review too. A real help to potential diners. Glad you liked the beer tower. They are very popular. Nice recipe by the way. I sincerely hope you popped in down on the comment card so as it can be entered into the monthly competition.
Thanks again for your review. We genuinely appreciate it.
Look forward to welcoming you again soon.
kind regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mon-GO-lian... Just, go!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

• Visited May 2014
“Really good, novelty experience!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I could entitle this review "won't be back soon!", because until I burn off the excess calories from my visit last Saturday night, I won't be. I was full to bursting, but even then wanted more!

The quality of the food was excellent, as was the range of selection. I'm quite a fussy eater, so it was good for me to be able to select my food and the accompanying sauces and spices. I got quite adventurous and was delighted with the results.

Seriously, I would end up the size of a house if I made this a regular place to visit. However, all in moderation and I'll certainly be back!

As for the staff; well it was a Saturday night and it was busy, so I felt the staff did very well indeed, were consistently friendly and approachable.

Given the sheer, unapologetically carnivorous theme of this restaurant, I'm a little surprised they don't offer an edible meat based menu, or a slaughter and cook your own zebra option - although the idea may have crossed their minds. Probably not one for the vegetarians to be honest.

All in all, I'll be recommending this place and indeed have already done so extensively!

Dear Timothy,
Thanks for taking the time to tell us all about your recent dining experience. We're delighted that enjoyed it. We're also pleased that you found the food selection to be excellent and all the staff to friendly.
Provided everythings been digested, we'd love to see you again soon!
Thanks once again,
kindest regards,
Budapest, Hungary
“Novel experience”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Four of us went to this restaurant last week with mixed results. We'd heard of the novelty of the experience - creating your own dish from the range of ingrediants (I thought Zebra was protected!!) and spices available. 2 of us stuck to the suggested combinations and 2 decided to experiment with the predicted results (over spiced and almost uneatable - our own stupid fault!!). We had a laugh about this (would be great in a large party) and, in general, enjoyed the process but even those who followed the suggested spicing found the result bland and in one case very salty. It was good to hear that the place is just going to have a re-furbishment - it needs it. Overall good for a one off but I doubt we'd return.