“Magnificent Michells!”

Mitchell's South Side
Ranked #313 of 2,511 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$23 - US$31
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Six of us had lunch there on Saturday and what a great restaurant. The welcome was warm and the food truly superb. My starter was mouth watering mussels, my main was the best beef olives I´ve ever tasted and I had so much pleasure from the desert, yummy sticky banana pudding, that it left me feeling guilty it was sooooo good. And to wash down all that fine food, even for us folk on a budget, the house wines had all the finesse you´d expect of a top French vintage This is a gourmet restaurant where they get the balance right between formality on the plate and informality in the friendly service.

4  Thank travelalot010

Reviewed 25 May 2013

10 of us had a meal here recently to celebrate our engagement and we were not disappointed. The food was absolutely amazing - great local dishes served in good sized portions with something for everyone. The quality of the food is first class and despite a large group of us, service was excellent and timely.

The atmosphere is great and the staff are so friendly and attentive. The chef even suggested additional vegetarian options off the cuff on our arrival for my sister who was not keen on the vegetarian risotto offered.

Would definitely recommend - a hidden gem!

1  Thank Siempredviaje
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My husband and I tried this restuarant on sat nite , had set meal supplements on just about everything, won't be back overpriced for ordinary food , service wasn't good , too many packed in can't get you out quick enough , would have enjoyed a takeway chinese better!!

Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Been here several times, food and service consistently excellent. Foodvid very well cooked and presented. Staff are very pleasant and attentive too. Will definitely return and would recommend.

1  Thank CSG63
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We had a wonderful second visit to this excellent restaurant.
We visited with friends who are local we are from England and this place is well worth the travel.
Ten of us ate here we all had the three courses and we were all served at the same time for each course excellent.
I ate the prawn and crayfish starter the chicken and pineapple main and the creme brulle for desert all the food was delicious.
The staff really make this a great place to visit and we will return when we are back in Scotland.

2  Thank twocunardfans