“I forgot how brilliant this restaurant was”

Mitchell's South Side
Ranked #311 of 2,556 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$23 - US$31
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Hadn't been to Mitchell's for over a year and had forgotten how brilliant it was. The ambience is just so relaxing. Service is always spot on and the food is delicious and exciting. Canapes were served when we arrived. Such a lovely wee touch. I had salmon mouse. Thankfully my husband does not like seafood so I got both :-) I started with the thai seafood soup which was just perfect followed by the chicken teriyaki skewers, the flavour of which was just delicious. My husband is a creature of habit and had the pate to start with followed by the fillet steak. He was delighted that they served homemade chips. Such a luxury as very few restaurants do this anymore. Fresh homemade bread was also a lovely touch. I believe what keeps this restaurant of a high standard is that the owners are always in the business. Cannot beat the personal touch. Cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We are regular patrons if Mitchell's Southsude in the village if Carmunnock, Glasgow G76. The menu is lengthy and varied regularly with fresh produce cooked always to perfection and to order. The staff are very friendly, attentive yet most professional. Angus and Veronica who are the owners are hands-on professionals. Knowing many restaurants in Scotland, this one beats all, hands down, as proven by the many returning regulars over the years.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The food served at Mitchell's is of the highest quality and I have never had a complaint in all the years I have been eating here. The staff are warm and friendly, the wine list has never disappointed and the food is always perfectly cooked and exceptionally tasty.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My boyfriend and I choose this restaurant for our Valentines Meal after a recommendation. We booked for a rather early sitting of 6pm so the restaurant was quieter at this time. The deal was £29.95 each for 3 courses and canapés. Once we had ordered,a nice basket of bread & Butter arrived. I was confused as I thought the valentines menu included chefs canapés but just assumed this is what they meant. All 3 courses were amazing particularly the dessert platter. By the time we had finished our meal more couples had arrived and I noticed they were getting served a platter of chefs canapés. I mentioned this when asking for the bill and the waiter didn’t understand why we hadn’t got any. I asked if he could find out what happened as we were paying the same as everyone else. When he came to collect the payment he just took it and did not mention anything. I then had to call him back and ask again why were we not served it. He said he didn’t know and didn’t return. A waitress walked past 10 minutes later and gave us a small bag of chocolates to take away, I have no idea if this was because of the canapés or if every couple got them, nothing was said. It is purely because of this I have put it as 3 stars. Customer service goes a long way particularly when you are paying a bit more money for the peak dates. A simple explanation or an apology would have been sufficient.

3  Thank kylieclyde
Reviewed 1 February 2014

were lucky to find a table for 2 when not booked on a Friday night but warmly and professionally welcomed and seated in a comfortable booth with unusual natural wood table and very clean cutlery and glasses. Drinks arrived with free canapes and a good selection to choose from the weekend menu. It seems valid for only 2 days so this establishment changes its Menu regularly . My wife chose homemade pate to start and pork medallions with bacon and Swiss cheese for mains, I selected clam and Smoked fish chowder for starters and Venison with Haggis, heaps and tatties for main course. The plates were served warm and a selection of vegetables were provided as a side.
Once the order was placed, a selection of fresh bread arrived to keep us going . A range of wines are available by the glass ( 2 sizes ) or bottle and champagne is also available by the glass.
the quality of food was excellent , the chowder had smoked Haddock and Tuna with plenty flavour but was a little thin in texture. I had expected a little more body , but overall the quality and presentation was perfect . After Main course, the plates were collected a little quickly, l still had my mouth to empty when the plates were collected which gave an impression that they may have wanted us to move.
The quick finish is the only reason this restaurant did not get a perfect score, because the quality of food was superb.
The price was around £70 for 2 people for 2 courses with wine.

1  Thank David T