“Really lovely!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great end to our trip to the Commonwealth Games!

I had olives to start, then a Quattro Stagioni, followed by tiramisu.

My husband had garlic bread, a calzone, and chocolate fudge cake.

Food - gorgeous
Staff - friendly and attentive
Value - fabulous

Would definitely recommend!

There are newer reviews for O Sole Mio

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We followed the offer signs at the top of Buchanan Street for a lunch break, the staff were excellent especially when we went slightly off menu by ordering a range of dishes for us (4 adult and a child), food was very good and wine reasonably priced for a city centre location. While the outdoor seating area is small, it was very enjoyable. The manager and staff went out their way to be helpful and caring if everything was ok, even to letting my son adding to his beer glass collection.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had walked past this restaurant many times but an evening meal with friends was my first chance to sample it. Friendly welcome was followed by a swift drinks order. I had anti pasto misto followed by monkfish rissotto then canolli. All were delicious. I will be coming back.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a fantastic impromptu lunch with my son. Menu contains the usual suspects but the food is of superior quality with great service. The fish soup was amazing and slightly unusual in that it did not have a tomato base, very flavoursome. My calzone pizza was as good as I have had with some ricotta cheese in the filling enhanced the dish.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very welcoming and friendly staff on arrival. Took ages then to take our order and took even longer to deliver. We were in no rush but service was slow. However, food more than helped make up for this. Excellent starters and mains and good value for the quality.