“Fantastic!”

Glenan Lodge Guest House
Ranked #17 of 28 Aviemore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Absolutely loved my time here. My husband and I booked three nights at Glenan Lodge to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The guest house was very clean. The room was a good size, with the addition of a sofa which was an added bonus. Often in a guest house, the rooms are not large enough for extra seating. The bathroom was immaculate.
The restaurant at Glenan Lodge is light and airy. There was a lovely wood burning stove in there too, which gave the room that traditional cozy feeling. We decided that we would have our evening meals at Glenan Lodge. This has to be prebooked. I am vegetarian, but my husband is not. The food was to die for! I'm feeling hungry now just thinking about it!
There was a guest lounge, which was great for relaxing in.
The gardens of the Lodge are a fantastic place to watch wildlife. It is such a peaceful place.
I would definitely recommend Glenan Lodge and hope to visit there again. Lesley is a really friendly host and welcomed us in as though we were part of the family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FreddieMercury1

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Only recently I stayed at Glenan Lodge for four nights. I booked dinner in advance for the first two evenings and on reflection I am oh so glad I did. The first evening I had Thai fishcakes with a hot chilli sauce for starters followed by pork steaks with apple, calvados and cream sauce. For dessert I had a dreamy Amoretto trifle. The second evening I was offered hot smoked salmon salad (not hot as in heat but hot wood smoked) followed by chicken and chorizo stew. For dessert I had tropical fruit pavlova. My whole dining experience there was as good if not better than some celeb chef restaurants I have eaten at throughout the UK and for a fraction of the price. My biggest regret was that I was visiting friends the following two evenings and could kick myself now for not making excuses why I couldn't go and instead stay firmly at Glenan Lodge to complete my four evenings of heaven sent food. Next year I'm taking my other half for a week and can't wait.

1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I booked this accommodation for an Easter break for myself. It was a little bit of the beaten track and seems to be located within the grounds of the Tomatin Distillery. I do not regret booking this guest house and I will make an effort to return there soon. The hosts Lesley and Rob are nice friendly people and the accommodation is faultless. There is a choice for breakfast and again I could find nothing to complain about. The property apart from being near the distillery is also surrounded by woodland which is nice for short walks and bird watching.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very comfortable room, welcoming, beautiful position, lovely people, fantastic selection provided for special dietary requirements if notified in advance (I am vegan and had a lovely breakfast with vegan bread, olive spread, jams, yoghurt and soya milk). I would definitely recommend a stay here :)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Due to a hiccup in my route (it was 15 miles longer than I thought) and a puncture, I arrived late at Glenan Lodge. Thankfully Lesley and Rob, the hosts, were very accommodating, especially as I had pre-ordered an evening meal.

Rob took care of my bike and put it in a sheltered area at the back of the property whilst Lesley showed me to my room. After a quick brush up I entered the spacious dining room where I was served a superb evening meal. It was exactly what I needed after 130 miles in the saddle - although I have to say a fantastic 130 miles (with a few miles of exception), especially once in the Highlands proper.

The en-suite room was warm, clean and well presented. A good distance from any road of note it was extremely quiet leading to a deep sleep.

I had to set out very early the next morning to give me a chance of making the 140 miles to John O'Groats in daylight (which I just managed to do). So, sadly, I was unable to try the full breakfast menu but Rob was gracious enough get up and make sure I was sorted with plenty of muesli and fruit juice and to see me on my way. I am sure the cooked breakfast would have been excellent, if it was anything like the meal the evening before.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I only stayed for one night, but had a wonderful experience at the Glenan Lodge. It's a bit far from the town center, approximately 25 miles. If you want to a peaceful, heartwarming experience this is the place to stay. The proprietors, Lesley and Rob were really accommodating with home-made food and a wonderful story to share. The room we stayed in had a lovely view of the hillside complete with en suite bathroom and nice, comfortable bed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I did a motorbike tour in August 2013 and stayed in various guesthouses & B&B's all over Scotland. Glenan Lodge is by far the best of them by a country mile. The owner operated guest house is well run, its clean, cosey and very very comfortable. Lesley and Rob made us feel very welcome and could not do enough to make our stay a great experience. The cooked breakfasts were superb. The accomodation is excellent with all the normal facilities you would expect. I really could not recommend this place enough - so weather you are on a touring holdiay, a shooting (grouse) trip, a skiing holiday or are just looking for a place to book if you are planning a country break I would go here. We give it 10 out of 10 - Anytime. Check it out on Google..

Room Tip: Book early as it is a very popular spot